Two Hundred Pages??

Jason Lavoie

Junior
Jan 13, 2011
Ottawa
I remember when the X32 thread was about to hit 100 pages and I was going to make a comment, but then next time I signed on it was already past that at 101 or 102 so I missed my moment..
but now it is only a couple pages away from 200 holy cow! and in such a short time too.
I can't imagine the time some people have probably invested just to keep up with that one thread.

Jason

Re: Two Hundred Pages??

I spent a few hours on one this weekend (X32, S16, and the personal mixers) training a client on their new addition. If you take away the low price point - there's not much left to get excited over. How sends on faders is implemented is cool.

It used to be those with analog consoles couldn't wait to get digital with digital snake, as entrance into the 'big boy club'. Now that bar has been lowered, and some are finding out that it takes more than just a digital console with digital snake to be 'in'. FWIW

I spent a few hours on one this weekend (X32, S16, and the personal mixers) training a client on their new addition. If you take away the low price point - there's not much left to get excited over. How sends on faders is implemented is cool.

It used to be those with analog consoles couldn't wait to get digital with digital snake, as entrance into the 'big boy club'. Now that bar has been lowered, and some are finding out that it takes more than just a digital console with digital snake to be 'in'. FWIW

I don't know one person who thinks buying an X32 alters their status any more than buying more expensive tools makes one a better mechanic.
Really, this discussion is in the LOUNGE. If the product doesn't affect someone they should ignore it. Almost as if some secret conspiracy is somehow being formulated where all the small time guys are next year gonna be takIng over the Grammy Award Show because they bought an X32!

I couldn't wait to get a digital board with a digital snake. Started with the Roland M400 in 2009. Don't feel like I'm in any big boy club, but it certainly makes doing my job MUCH easier. (I went down from there, to the M300, even less gear to haul.)

In my real world of JV type gigs, the X32 is just a modern replacement for my A&H GL2400 and Soundcraft GB4 consoles (which were the replacements for my Mackie consoles, which were the replacements for my Peavey consoles, which were the replacements for my Tapco consoles, which were the replacements for my Shure and Kustom heads with the column speakers). The nice thing about the X32 is it replaces all the assorted rack gear as well and gives the added benifit of remote control and an easy recording interface access. I have never expected it to be more than that. For a varsity show I rent a varsity console.......always have.

Check out avsforums or notebookreview forums sometime. The X32 thread at just under 4000 posts would be one of the shortest threads there! Many threads are in the 10's of 1000s of posts! I dislike those forums for that very reason, but because they have so much activity and great info, I suffer through them.
Personally, I feel that threads become ineffective after 10 or so pages and should be split up, especially a thread like the X32 that's covering many diverse topics about the console.

I remember when the X32 thread was about to hit 100 pages and I was going to make a comment, but then next time I signed on it was already past that at 101 or 102 so I missed my moment..
but now it is only a couple pages away from 200 holy cow! and in such a short time too.
I can't imagine the time some people have probably invested just to keep up with that one thread.

Jason

Took me a little over three weeks to get from 1 to 190... of course, I was at work most of the time
:razz: