Upgraded to IPR's!

Rob Gow

Sophomore
Jan 15, 2011
Picked up most of the new amps for my system!!!

FOH: Peavey IPR3000
Monitors: 2 - IPR1600's

I just have to pick up a third IPR1600 on the 28th, and I'm all set!!!

Before:
659ad957.jpg

After:
eba4a9a4.jpg

Re: Upgraded to IPR's!

Would Peavey really cancel your warranty for that?

Technically, if you open the chassis, you've canned the warranty. Of course, if tech support gives you all the appropriate warnings, tells you to open it, outlines exactly what to do inside, and then tells you to close it back up afterwards, then your warranty probably wouldn't be invalidated. (You'll notice I'm not making any promises here... ;-) ) I do know that it probably makes a big difference exactly where you put the gaff tape in this unit. If you are careful to only cover the LED's and don't overly cover other stuff (thus insulating it and causing it to run overly hot and possibly nuke itself), I don't imagine there would be a problem.

This isn't unique to Peavey. Most any manufacturer will do the same thing because there are "No User Serviceable Parts Inside".

What was you reason for this "upgrade"? Was it the light weight?

Exactly. Anything I can do to lighten up a bit here & there is a bonus to me. My FOH case was close to 60lbs, a pain for stairs, getting it into my truck etc etc. Now the difference is definitely noticeable!!

No DJ here...

ccbfb51d.jpg

af5312f7.jpg

49da7c8c.jpg

Just bought a 1600 myself.

blue lights aside, It's a nice amp for the money.

It also replaced a qsc PL. Great line of amps, but heavier and required a DEEP rack.