USB Flash Drives and Yama LS9s

Jan 11, 2011
Tulsa, OK
www.justicebigler.com
Hey, what's up with using USB flash drives on the LS9s? I know the manual states that 2GB is the max that work reliably with the console. So I went out and bought a couple of 8GB flash drives, and sure enough they don't work reliably. The ones I got were PNY and have a plastic connector, instead of the normal metal. Perhaps the plastic connector could be causing some problems?

Anybody have some suggestions on larger capacity flash drives that will work on these consoles?

The ones the have worked the most consistently for me are the 1gb ones that are given out by TI at their training events. I'm pretty sure they are the same ones that rational acoustics gives out with their smart training.

Sent from my neural implant

Re: USB Flash Drives and Yama LS9s

Anybody have some suggestions on larger capacity flash drives that will work on these consoles?

I have an LS9-16 and -32, and I've been using a pair of Sandisk Cruzer 16Gb USB flash drives (SDCZ36-016G) for 18 months for firmware upgrades, show file backup, and occasional console recording, with no issues at all. I've also used the same Sandisk drives to move show files back and forth to other LS9s, also with no problems.

The ones the have worked the most consistently for me are the 1gb ones that are given out by TI at their training events. I'm pretty sure they are the same ones that rational acoustics "Used To" give out with their smart training.

Sent from my neural implant

Rational is very green. They even recycle the bits they they don't use. Thumbdrives prevented unnecessary printing. Dropbox prevents unnecessary thumbdrives.

I just tried a usb SD card adapter with a 4gb SD card inserted and it worked fine for loading a show file. Caveat: the console would not complete the boot sequence with that adapter inserted. I had to insert it after the console was running in order to read the SD card. I didn't try to record onto the sd card, so I don't know if that will work. Seems like I can never find a USB thumb drive when I need one, but I've got SD cards everywhere...