Using G.P.A. ?

I have tried to use the Meyer tool without much success. Now I am trying GPA.
Clearly there is some basic information I am missing to go about modeling a simple system.
I didn't find any instructional material for GPA so I am asking here for some help in setting up a model of your basic couple of tops and a sub or 2.
I played with it and got my sub on the plot and a pair of tops. I put 3 microphones in the critical area and using the reflections tab defined what I think the room is. I see on the frequency response, something that looks reasonable for the subs but nothing for the tops.

I would like to accomplish 2 things...
1) Model a gig I do regularly to show the owner why adding a second sub in his case may do more harm than good
2) Model my basic B rig to see where the problem distances are when placing tops and subs

Any help?

Re: Using G.P.A. ?

In GPA:

1. When you added the tops did you check the box to make that active? I always forget that at first.

2. After making a change did you hit "generate" again to redraw the model.

3. Finally, did you check the frequency for which the model is being drawn?

I just did a basic 1 top over 1 sub per side and it came right up.

edit: I see the problem now, adding the reflections seems to prevent the model from showing. I will keep playing and let you know if I figure anything out.

edit: At this point I think the model only works for reflections with the true omni subs. I cannot get anything with either speakers or the other sub type.

Last edited:
Re: Using G.P.A. ?

Hi everyone.

Very soon will be available a complete series of video-tutorials on using gpa. We are working on it.

About the reflextions function, is just as Bennett (and the software in the bottom text box) says: right now, it works only for true-omni subs.
Soon in a next update we are going to develop the function for all kind of boxes in the soft.

I´ll keep you informed if administrator lets me.
(this is a freeware software).

Best,