Video Gear supplier

Rain Jaudon

Freshman
Jan 11, 2011
MS Gulf Coast
I've got a room full of distributors and suppliers for audio and lighting gear but now that I've started getting calls for fixed and robotic cameras. Who should I talk to in the South East USA about signing up for contractor pricing?

Re: Video Gear supplier

Does Keydigital do cameras? Robotic Cams? A while back I spoke to Vaddio about their systems and was in the process of specifying a 3 cam system when the budget for the job took a dive. They seemed very knowledgable and willing to work with me. The fella at Videobotics is also pretty knowledgable and very willing to help. The Vaddio product seemed like a better fit for the project I was working on but his combination of software and Datavideo switchers might be good for a different scenario. But, since he doesn't do his own line of cameras or switchers I'm not sure how much 'dealer' pricing he can offer.

Last edited:

In the pro AV world, Canon, JVC, Panasonic, Sony and Vaddio are probably the 'usual suspects' for packaged PTZF camera systems or for separate cameras and PTZ heads. I don't know how long ago you looked at Vaddio but they do have several of their own cameras now and I always found their pricing on the Canon, Panasonic and Sony based products to be competitive. AMX and Crestron still offer pan/tilts and camera controllers that you could use with 'box' cameras or camcorders from other manufacturers. Controllers from the pan/tilt manufacturer or maybe somebody like Telemetrics (also a good source for more complex applications such as moving rail cameras, X-Y systems, remote controlled variable height pedestals, etc.).

There are also a number of lower cost security camera level options including IP based systems, which may be fine for some applications.

Hi Brad,
I may have been unclear. I meant that as far as I know, Videobotics doesn't have their own cameras. As you've said, Vaddio does have a line of cameras that seem to offer a very good bang for the buck. But I haven't actually worked with either companies products.