Vote

Langston Holland

Sophomore
Jan 13, 2011
Pensacola
Is this what you want from your government?

How about drones and cameras following you in public?

How about your wife and daughters in the hands of the TSA?

How about the efforts to pit people of different economic and racial backgrounds against each other?

How about the redirection of public schools into Thoughtcrime cleansing centers?

How about living like sultans while spending your children's future?

Fire these people, or support them, but please don't ever miss an opportunity to vote.

Last edited:
Re: Vote

Even I'm inclined to suggest you lighten up a little and I routinely get threads locked over at that other place.

Note; I'm not saying anything you posted is wrong, just that it's a bit much all at once. The people who get it already get it, and those who don't will not be receptive to a shot gun attack.

I am hopeful that the american public will figure out what is going on by the election...

The rhetoric will continue to ramp up, if that is possible.

At least the Radio. TV, and newspapers will make a few bucks off the price of mud delivery. Might be good for a few sound system rentals in the swing states?

JR

PS: You missed a few.. Am I the only one who thought it was interesting that Hollande's airplane was hit by lightning.. (omen?).

You're right, thanks. I've toned it down a bit and would be glad to have it nuked if it misses the mark of encouraging participation in the future of our country. You'd think I'd learned by now not to shop for food when hungry or post when angry. I apologize to anyone that may have taken any of this personally. Wouldn't hurt me a bit to lighten up physically as well. :)

What would really make me happy is if the percentage of eligible voters increased substantially and stayed that way. The thought of our liberties eroding through passivity to the point where return is impossible concerns me.

I hope the November election is a landslide one way or the other with very high turnout. That would clarify things for me.

This forum is a great honor to be part of - so is PSW - but Bennett et al. have taken a bit of a gamble based on his/their respect for the members of our community. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

I think we should all do what we can while still balancing everything else in our lives. Just being awake and living your life with honor and character regardless of what others around you do is a huge start.

the reverse martha rule

Fear-mongers telling us once again that the sky is falling? Should have known.

Yup that seems to be rule #1 for political manipulation.
-------
Since we can go to jail for lying to "our" government (ask Martha, or Roger), it seems only fair that our government (politicians and government employees) should likewise spend time in the gray bar hotel, for lying to us... just saying.. I'll call it the "reverse martha rule".

-------
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. Just because Langston says the sky is falling, doesn't mean it isn't.

Just to make this fun and educational, let's take a simple math quiz.

Given:
#1 the current public debt is roughly $15T
#2 average interest rate on government debt in 2012 is around 2.7%

Q: if the average interest rate returned to the 2001 rate of 6.5%, and the amount of debt remained unchanged, the cost to service our debt would increase how much?

A) 3.8%
B) 140%
c) 2.4X
D) $570B
(hypothetical question, there is no prize for getting this right but a huge penalty for getting it wrong.)
========================

Both sides are lying when they say "elect me and I will create jobs". The best that government could ever do is get the F___ out of the way and stop killing the golden goose (private economy) with their irresponsible behavior.

This will not be fixed with one election... we need to continue the housekeeping that started on 2010. Out with the old, in with the new, and out with those new if they turn out to be like the old ones they replaced.

Our founders were very smart but we have strayed from their very good plan.

======

Of course i could be wrong...

JR

Re: the reverse martha rule

I, for one, would just welcome an election where I felt like I was voting for the person who would do the best job, rather than the guy who would fuck it up the least. But I will vote, regardless.

Re: the reverse martha rule

I really think it's too late to save our country. 47% of working people pay no income tax; people who don't pay any income tax get money back from the government; major government social programs like Medicare,Medicaid,Social Security are projected to go under while our politicians do nothing;government keeps borrowing money to prop up spending - tell me we're not doomed.

I really think it's too late to save our country. 47% of working people pay no income tax; people who don't pay any income tax get money back from the government; major government social programs like Medicare,Medicaid,Social Security are projected to go under while our politicians do nothing;government keeps borrowing money to prop up spending - tell me we're not doomed.

I think that 47% statistic is dramatically high. I also agree without major reworking our system will fail. Whether its a collapse of finances or a violent revolution I think ultimately in the next ten to twenty years we will see either or both of those...

It is never too late to get back on the right path again but it will not be easy to roll back the recent largess of government giving (wealth they didn't have to give). We have Europe and to lesser degrees, California and NY, serving as object lessons for what can happen to all of us, if we continue expanding in this recent direction.

By all means vote, and talk with your neighbors, tell them how you feel, but vote (early and often :).

JR