What happens if you put Haze Fluid in a Fog Machine?

I know that Fog Machines and Haze Machines are completely different, but I've always wondered what would happen if you put Fog Fluid in a Water-Based Hazer. I don't have the money to just spend on the experiment, but am curious to see if the 'fog' that comes out of the Fog Machine with the Haze Fluid would be a finer type fog (if It doesn't break). Any thoughts?

Re: What happens if you put Haze Fluid in a Fog Machine?

I know that Fog Machines and Haze Machines are completely different, but I've always wondered what would happen if you put Fog Fluid in a Water-Based Hazer. I don't have the money to just spend on the experiment, but am curious to see if the 'fog' that comes out of the Fog Machine with the Haze Fluid would be a finer type fog (if It doesn't break). Any thoughts?

I did this once, haze fluid in a fogger. At a low output and time setting, it was fine. Soon as I turned up output and time it boiled over and made a terrible mess.

The water based fluids, AFAIK, are pretty much all the same, the only difference being the dilution. So like Matt said, things may mostly work but they also might get a bit weird. The water based haze and fog machines aren't all that different either, they both heat the fluid and do whatever with it. It's the oil based machines that are totally different, since they use an air compressor and a nozzle to atomize the fluid.

I'd be far, far more concerned with replacing water-based fluid with oil-based fluid, or vice-versa.

So did the output actually look like haze? Or similar?

Yes. The water based fluids are similar, like Silas said. Fog fluid being thicker than haze. In a pinch, you could dilute fog fluid with distilled water and use it in your hazer. As I discovered, it doesn't work as well using the thinner haze fluid in a fogger.