What is your competition like?

Re: What is your competition like?

Or you had the BEST business plan! Let's see you were:
A) Living on the bare minimum - Efficiency.
B) Working your butt off for the benefit of others (mostly the client) - Advancing Society.
C) Doing something you really care about - Personal Fulfillment.

Sounds like the basis of a utopian society.

As a freelancer, I'm mostly friends with my competition, and we all try to throw work at each other. It's pretty swell. As a provider, I'm mostly friends with my competition, and we still try to throw work at each other. Tough tough world...

+1...

if we're not in it together
you'r in it alone...
I
The hard part it seems.. As in many endeavors with more than one person involved...is defining what "it" is. For me doing whatever is reasonable and agreed upon to ensure the best show for the artist and the audience is why am there. I don't see that as a priority in many shows that attend....and this is my observation and the complaint of the musicians....over and over again. Having trouble figuring out how to compete when basic courtesy and competence seem absent and buyers put up with it.

I
The hard part it seems.. As in many endeavors with more than one person involved...is defining what "it" is. For me doing whatever is reasonable and agreed upon to ensure the best show for the artist and the audience is why am there. I don't see that as a priority in many shows that attend....and this is my observation and the complaint of the musicians....over and over again. Having trouble figuring out how to compete when basic courtesy and competence seem absent and buyers put up with it.

Half of our job is dealing with people and relationships.