What plugs/receptacles for 4/4 power cable?

What are you using for plugs and receptacles for your 4/4 power cable for a 120/240v operation?

Right now, I have 14-50 plugs (Lowe's bought) and it was a pain getting everything to line up and such. I'm still planning on rebuilding the power distro with a Panel/Plate receptacle that would be my main connection point.

Re: What plugs/receptacles for 4/4 power cable?

There's really only one option, California Standard connectors. Hubbell makes by far the best, and also by far the most expensive. I've see 'em all, the (male) ones with the plastic grounding shell are the worst. That cable and the mass of the connector can put a lot of strain on your outlets and receptacles. CS6365c is the code for the male cord end, CS6369c for the female.

California is probably your most affordable bet. However, most of the industrial sized stuff I work on that is using 4/4 (actually, it's usually 4/5) uses IEC 309 connectors. AKA "pin and sleeve." http://www.stayonline.com/searchresult.aspx?categoryid=2243.

Most are IP67 which is cool if you want to submerse the thing and they are built very well. But they are pricey. Figure on $400-500 for a plug/connector combo.

You would need the 6375 flanged inlet on the distro mounted in a proper box or panel and a 6364 and 6365 on each cable as well as a 6364 on the cable that just has your tails on the other end.
And now for my disclaimer:
Please consult a proper certified electrician with a any questions or assistance in wiring your power distro.

Please consult a proper certified electrician with a any questions or assistance in wiring your power distro.

I might have phrased that as "please consult a qualified electrician..." as there are more than a couple licensed electricians out there that are not qualified to design portable power distribution systems.

You would need the 6375 flanged inlet on the distro mounted in a proper box or panel and a 6364 and 6365 on each cable as well as a 6364 on the cable that just has your tails on the other end.
And now for my disclaimer:

Mike... thanks; you've made it clear on the connector path. I have a couple electrician friends that over see my work and steer me in the right direction if I have questions.

California is probably your most affordable bet. However, most of the industrial sized stuff I work on that is using 4/4 (actually, it's usually 4/5) uses IEC 309 connectors. AKA "pin and sleeve." http://www.stayonline.com/searchresult.aspx?categoryid=2243.

Most are IP67 which is cool if you want to submerse the thing and they are built very well. But they are pricey. Figure on $400-500 for a plug/connector combo.
Seriously? Are they that pricey?
Over here they're the standard connector. I just placed an order that cost me about $70 for a plug/connector combo of the 63A version.

Over here they're the standard connector. I just placed an order that cost me about $70 for a plug/connector combo of the 63A version.
Yes, but over here they restrain enough current to run your entire country. 4/4 is as thick as your wrist.

Here's a link to an online retailer here in the states: http://www.stayonline.com/searchresult.aspx?categoryid=3029

Maybe there are some cheaper versions out there, but that seems to be inline price-wise with what I've seen (retail).