Whats up with the ebay listings from Japan?

Ben Lawrence

Senior
Mar 2, 2011
Vermont
vtaudiovisual.com
I have been perusing Ebay for a few items recently and have noticed a ton of listings coming from Japan with free shipping at decent pricing. Sellers all have decent feedback with similiar goods that look like they went through. Take the Behringer Wing for example. The listings are almost exclusively from Japan. I was looking for a couple keyboards and it was the same deal. Just wondering inf anyone had some insight into the reason behind this.

No the prices are pretty close to market prices. Like Mike mentioned there must be something weird going on with supply chain or import pricing. I dug around in a couple of the accounts and they seem legit. Was just guessing that someone on here knows exactly why. Maybe not. I have been trying to figure out the deal with cargo van prices for the last couple years without a satisfactory answer. Best I can come with is several factors combining for an inflationary perfect storm. I guess thats a whole other can of worms.

No - ebay are ramping up their global shipping program. I'm selling Chinese sourced radios to countries all over the place - mainly markets where getting Chinese stock is very difficult. It seems mad that a $200 radio from China comes to the UK, then I send it to Israel!

Yeah, but most of these posts also have a section that the buyer is responsible for any VAT or import tax, so that killed it for me, even if there is none currently.