Where do you all get your floor mats?

JOSEPH DIXON

Freshman
Jan 16, 2011
Indiana
OK, I need to break down and by a few floor mats. There are just too many times lately where I need to cover the snake and other cabling. I always end up hunting around or asking staff if they have any mats I can use.

So where is the cheapest place to buy a few 4 X 6 floor mats?

Re: Where do you all get your floor mats?

Check with your local industrial linen supply company. You know.... the folks who supply carpet runners to business establishments. I have bought good, used rubber-backed carpets for as little as $3/each. I use 3 x 10's and cut them in half if I need some shorties. Just bind the cut ends with gaff tape.

I was at home depot last night and I got some 3x5' rubber backed mats for a hair under $15 each. I also buy fairly large quantities of their 3' wide industrial runner and bring a roll and a carpet knife with me when I am loading in a show. I start with a 30-50' length and just cut off 5-10' pieces as needed until I run out. I gaff tape the edges that people step on directly to the floor and then I fold a piece of gaff tape over the free sides so they look alright.

Last edited:

Check with your local industrial linen supply company. You know.... the folks who supply carpet runners to business establishments. I have bought good, used rubber-backed carpets for as little as $3/each. I use 3 x 10's and cut them in half if I need some shorties. Just bind the cut ends with gaff tape.

+1
My Girlfriends dad works at one of these places, and I can get some great deals on some BIG rugs.

You know. I hit POST. and then realized what I set myself up for. But I couldn't bring myself to hit the Edit button just because I wanted to see the reply's...