Where to put my power amps rack on stage?

Jimmy Hardin

Junior
Jan 29, 2013
Hi guys. I am in the transition phase of splitting my effects/amp racks up. I, for the last few years I have been putting my amps with me at my booth and just decided to start put them up around or on the stage. I understand that they need to be around my snake, but i am just undecided as to where to put them at , I always put my snake box at the bass drum and I want to put them where they can be visible to me so i can check them from time to time. but i also don't want them where the audience will see them. so my question is , where do some of ya'll put your amps on stage? and if you have pics of where they are after you set up i would love to see them so i can get more of a general idea. Thanx

Side stage where I can get to them. With the stage box. I put a 9 channel stage snake center front and another at the kit amd a 6 channel on the backline for clean cabling...

Amp rack(s) behind the stack(s), with as short of speaker cables as possible. What else do you have in there that your snake is a concern? I only need to run L/R and Front Fill input cables to the DSP in the rack.

Dave

here's the way i am thinking about doing. I am thinking about putting the amp racks on the side stage and leave the snake at the bass drum and then run two 4 channel fantail to fantail snakes from the amp racks to the returns on the snake in front of the bass drum.

Amp rack(s) behind the stack(s), with as short of speaker cables as possible. What else do you have in there that your snake is a concern? I only need to run L/R and Front Fill input cables to the DSP in the rack.

Dave

the snake isnt really a concern, I was just undecided of where the snake and amp racks where going to go. i didnt want to run my snake box by the rack cause i had to hook the mics into it and there would have been a lot of cables to run across the stage and it would have looked like a mess and i wanted to see the amps where i could monitor them from time to time in case something was going wrong with them.

I usually drop the amps around one of the speaker stacks, sometimes even under the stage. The snake lives close enough where 25' cables can go to the amp rack for signal and then just run drop snakes to different areas of the stage.