Wiki: Linking to SF attachments?

Sep 12, 2012
SW Ontario
Anyway to do this? Specifically attached pictures?

Edit: Also, hitting 'cancel' while editing a page doesn't seem to undo your edits, you have to manually erase any changes to restore or go into the edit history and undo your edit.
Edit 2: Actually, the cancel button at the bottom of the page seems to function properly. Who ever is modding the Wiki, take it easy on me :lol:

Last edited:
Re: Wiki: Linking to SF attachments?

Anyway to do this? Specifically attached pictures?

Edit: Also, hitting 'cancel' while editing a page doesn't seem to undo your edits, you have to manually erase any changes to restore or go into the edit history and undo your edit.
Edit 2: Actually, the cancel button at the bottom of the page seems to function properly. Who ever is modding the Wiki, take it easy on me :lol:

I don't see attachment links on the Forums changing any time in the near future, although if we ever decide to upgrade vBulletin it might.

You could just insert a picture from its link in the Forums easily, but I remember setting up attachments/uploads on the Wiki directly, I just have to get in there to re-learn how to do it.

ETA by Friday.

Re: Wiki: Linking to SF attachments?

To upload a file directly to the wiki, first hit 'Upload a file' on the left sidebar.
Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 7.25.05 PM.png

Then you'll see this upload page.
Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 7.23.37 PM.jpg

After uploading the file, you'll see links to it's location here:
Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 7.26.26 PM.png

I recommend re-uploading pictures directly to the Wiki if possible, that way the Wiki isn't depended on forum links staying the same. But to use the links for attachments on the forum, just copy the image location. They will not be changing as long as we stick with vBulletin 4. I'm not sure how they're handled with vB 5.