Wireless video suggestions for live event

Hey, i have a client that is looking for some video support for a show i do regularly. Its a festival in a grassy bowl, with a seniors "shade tent" at the top of the bowl, covered stage at the bottom. They are asking for some type of "video screen" up at the tent. I intend to pitch them a small ip65 video wall on l16 lifts/truss blah blah. Anyways, im trying to find a way to get that screen signal wirelessly. Does anybody have any thoughts on that, a cheapish video transmitter (prob 700- 1000') and prob just has to be standard def, composite signal... A camera...
I thought about a single cat 5 run, but to get it around foot traffic, it would probably be more like 2000'

So any thoughts?

Re: Wireless video suggestions for live event

Hey, i have a client that is looking for some video support for a show i do regularly. Its a festival in a grassy bowl, with a seniors "shade tent" at the top of the bowl, covered stage at the bottom. They are asking for some type of "video screen" up at the tent. I intend to pitch them a small ip65 video wall on l16 lifts/truss blah blah. Anyways, im trying to find a way to get that screen signal wirelessly. Does anybody have any thoughts on that, a cheapish video transmitter (prob 700- 1000') and prob just has to be standard def, composite signal... A camera...
I thought about a single cat 5 run, but to get it around foot traffic, it would probably be more like 2000'

So any thoughts?

Since latency isn't an issue (more is better in this case) and you're starting from nothing, what about an IP camera with a point to point data link to a computer at the video wall?
it sounds like you'll be able to get line of sight, so a pair of these (the locoM5 will run you about $120 per end) should make things easy and they're outdoor units
https://www.ubnt.com/airmax/nanostationm/

It'll also get you a much better picture than running analog SD through baluns etc. and the parts may come in handy for lots of other things later

Jason

So any thoughts?

How regular is regularly? If it is once or twice a year rent 2000' of fiber and a couple of Aja FS1s. You can get it all from VER for not much money. If it is once a week, look into getting the fiber installed and but the FS1s.

Mac

How regular is regularly? If it is once or twice a year rent 2000' of fiber and a couple of Aja FS1s. You can get it all from VER for not much money. If it is once a week, look into getting the fiber installed and but the FS1s.

Mac

And if this is a recurring thing, the install of the fiber may not be particularly expensive, especially if it's a straight shot through grass. Fiber optic cabling has gotten pretty cheap in the past few years...