Would you buy this product?

Re: Would you buy this product?

This is starting to sound more like a mic level stomp box.

Agreed. Pretty much the VoiceTone T1 which retails ~ $99 US. Actually this would be quite the dandy thing to carry with you if you were an auctioneer or coffee house or acoustic act where using a provided system is common. Would be even better if there was the option to be battery powered.

The problem I see with a cheap passive barrel adapter is that the target audience isn't going to have a clue what it is, what it does, and why they need it. I'm not sure you can effectively reach those people who largely are just going to a box store and shopping for the cheapest thing or going online and sorting "PA" by price - low to high and buying the cheapest thing with two speakers and a place to plug in a microphone.

Re: Would you buy this product?

The problem I see with a cheap passive barrel adapter is that the target audience isn't going to have a clue what it is, what it does, and why they need it. I'm not sure you can effectively reach those people who largely are just going to a box store and shopping for the cheapest thing or going online and sorting "PA" by price - low to high and buying the cheapest thing with two speakers and a place to plug in a microphone.

Sean,

This is an excellent point, and well taken. As those from the board that know me well, I have no shortage of ideas, and am not wed to specific product. The vast majority of ideas I've ever floated have been torpedoed because there was some key thing like this that prevented their marketplace viability. No point on follow through if it causes you to lose your shirt.