WTF?

Cummins Mebane

Freshman
Jan 11, 2011
Can someone in the know explained why last week the PSW was THE audio board and is now a ghost town? It was quite irritating that the software move didn't preserve the logins but it appears all the frequent contributors are now here. I learned a great deal of useful information from these folks and would like to continue.

What is going on? Private email is fine if the subject is sensitive.

Re: WTF?

I didn't know there was a problem until today. Honored to be part of the ''move''ment...
icon_cool.gif

Re: WTF?

The threads on PSW that would tell you what happened have been removed. A couple of earnest IT professional offered to help maintain log-ins, unify log ins, and find ways to backup and archive the existing forum databases. When they were rebuffed, at least one of them cast aspersions about the technical prowess of the PSW employee who was tasked with the change-over. It was seen by site owner Electronic Home Publishing as a personal attack on that employee and the moderators were instructed to deal harshly with the miscreant.

The rest of us (including some of us who provide much of the content) were basically told ''this is that way shit will be, tough if you don't like it.'' Some didn't like the heavy-handed response and treatment and did what consumers do... went elsewhere.

David Karol, assisted by Bennett and others have put this site up. It is free of commercial influence (see the advertising? I don't), so there is no pressure for page views or click-throughs. David is taking donations to offset the cost of data transfer.

I look at this as a co-op, and intend to contribute accordingly.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc