X32 automixer

Chris Greco

Sophomore
Feb 15, 2012
Yonkers, NY
Hey Guys, gotta call from a buddy on a show saying that the automixer on the X32 was working on the L,R bus but not working on a mix bus send to a record feed. Yes I know he could have created the rec feed off the matrix if that was the case but he had already had various speaker zones being sent off the matrix. Can somebody confirm this or is there a setting that maybe he missed that would have allowed this to occur. I just assumed that the AM was reflected in what ever buss you were sending it to.

Last edited:
Properly implemented the auto mix function should act post fader so that it reflects the actual contributions to the mix. No idea if this is the way Behinger set it up and of course their documentation doesn't address it. 'If' they copied Yamaha then the auto mix function should effect all post fader mix buses.

Just revisiting this, this engineer buddy is one of those angry idealistic types, if its not the most expensive gear and uber easy to use then he throws his hands up and complains. I am sure something wasnt correctly set up as I have used this automix on countless gigs and cant say a bad thing about it aside from the fact thats theirs only 8ch avail.

If the Behringer automix is using the Dugan algorithm (which it probably does) there will only be one AM output since it mathematically compares the level of the final sum to all the stems sending to it, that proportions the gain of each stem based on that. That final AM can be sent to different places, but it is not logical to vary other sends coming from the channels.

JR