X32 Config settings reset on restart

Ryan Buerge

Nov 21, 2021
BC, Canada
When I fiddle with the settings in the Setup screen (e.g. turn 'Safe Main Lvls' OFF), then restart the unit, I find that 'Safe Main Lvls' has been turned back ON, which is NOT the way I left it.
Furthermore, none of my busses or matrices are in the same state as they were when I shut off the unit, either. It is as though the X32 does not fully load the scene when it reboots.
Is this normal behavior? I thought that the X32 is supposed to load everything exactly as it was when I shut it off. What could I be missing?

The x32 does not store its state immediately but rather at intervalls. This means that it is possible to have a setting be lost if you power it off too quickly.

To make certain that your current state is stored, use the proper shutdown procedure in the menu system.

Reactions: Tim McCulloch
Thanks for the tip.

I had a couple other problems as well, in case anyone else runs into the same issue.
(1) I had saved my settings to the very first scene in the list, scene "00". I'm fuzzy on details, but possibly the X32 will not load this scene on startup.
(2) This was most likely my actual problem -- custom boot. I had left a usb stick in the console for recording, and somehow had created a custom boot state and saved it to the usb. So, the console booted up into this state every time.

Reactions: Tim McCulloch