X32 geq on faders really laggy

Lisa Lane-Collins

Sophomore
Dec 9, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
I worked on an x32 the other week where the geq on faders was as good as unusable, both because the fader was fighting the speed with which wanted to pull it back down and because the internal processing doesn’t seem to be keeping up with the fast reduction in volume either (judging by the squealing feedback running away).

Today I dust off my x32 producer and that now has the same problem. I haven’t used it since late last year but for two years straight it worked fine in a venue and I never had this problem with the faders fighting me when trying to bust feedback.

Has anyone come across this? And way more importantly what can be done to fix? A preliminary spin of the same fades outside of the ‘geq on faders‘ setting suggests they handle speed fine everywhere but within the geq menu

Should be ooooold. Bought 3 years ago and never been updated (on mine at least).

It feels like a processing problem, the frequency continues to get louder for a few seconds after the physical fader has been pulled down. Like the fader is trying to match the volume value the GEQ believes it should have, instead of letting me dictate a new value by moving the fader down.

Hi Lisa, it's been awhile...

Back up/save off any scenes/snippets/shows to computer via the X32 editor or to USB drive.

Install whatever newer firmware you can find (I suggest 3.11 or earlier) and see if things improve.

You *might* be able to do a "factory reset." It's in the Global settings, and will take you back to the firmware that was installed when the unit was built. You loose *everything* saved in the desk...