X32 scribble strip - can't change one channel colour settings

Karl Barnes

Sophomore
Aug 28, 2012
London, England
Hi folks,

I have an X32 scribble strip issue that is driving me nuts.

A while ago, I stopped using a channel in the middle of the main 16, as I didn't use it for the band I work with.
I set the scribble strip to black so that I could see at a glance that it wasn't in use.

As things have developed, we now need to start using the channel again.
I copied a channel from the 17-32 layer across and somehow the scribble strip hasn't changed (the copied channel had a colour, wording and a picture assigned).
It's still black.
I've gone into the scribble strip settings in the Setup menu and nothing I do there seems to make a difference.
I've tried on the desk, and in XEdit both on and offline with no success.

I've also changed scenes to that of another band I work with and the display on that channel is fine.
It only seems to be in this one scene.

Here's a screenshot of XEdit to show you what I mean.

Image1.jpg

According to the settings in the scribble strip menu, the channel should be yellow with a picture of an acoustic guitar.
It doesn't matter what I do, it stays black.
The other channels respond instantly to any changes.

What on Earth have I done to switch off the scribble strip on one channel?

I realise that the answer will probably be so simple that you'd hear me crying "D'oh!" even on the internet, but for the moment it's eluding me.

Thanks in advance.

Karl.

P.S. It's a full size X32 running v2.12 firmware.

Re: X32 scribble strip - can't change one channel colour settings

Hi folks,

I have an X32 scribble strip issue that is driving me nuts.

A while ago, I stopped using a channel in the middle of the main 16, as I didn't use it for the band I work with.
I set the scribble strip to black so that I could see at a glance that it wasn't in use.

As things have developed, we now need to start using the channel again.
I copied a channel from the 17-32 layer across and somehow the scribble strip hasn't changed (the copied channel had a colour, wording and a picture assigned).
It's still black.
I've gone into the scribble strip settings in the Setup menu and nothing I do there seems to make a difference.
I've tried on the desk, and in XEdit both on and offline with no success.

I've also changed scenes to that of another band I work with and the display on that channel is fine.
It only seems to be in this one scene.

Here's a screenshot of XEdit to show you what I mean.

View attachment 12825

According to the settings in the scribble strip menu, the channel should be yellow with a picture of an acoustic guitar.
It doesn't matter what I do, it stays black.
The other channels respond instantly to any changes.

What on Earth have I done to switch off the scribble strip on one channel?

I realise that the answer will probably be so simple that you'd hear me crying "D'oh!" even on the internet, but for the moment it's eluding me.

Thanks in advance.

Karl.

P.S. It's a full size X32 running v2.12 firmware.
Go to your config tab and make sure that a physical input is patched to the channel. If it says off, then it turns the channel off along with the scribble strip.

Re: X32 scribble strip - can't change one channel colour settings

Go to your config tab and make sure that a physical input is patched to the channel. If it says off, then it turns the channel off along with the scribble strip.

Sometimes very handy, but it has driven me nuts also in the beginning, I thought my LCD was broken, especial because on the ipad app it was stil lit...
Don't know why they don't have the same behaviour.