X32 Xcontrol and Windows 8 - do i have a compatibility issue or......

Nick Davis

Junior
May 22, 2012
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me test something out. I have xcontrol running on a windows 8 laptop (touch screen) - all is fine except when I try to save a scene on xcontrol (either to the xcontrol or console scene library) I lose the connection to the X32. Now running xcontrol on another laptop running windows 7 this does not happen.

On the windows 8 PC I have tried running xcontrol in W7 and XP S3 compatibility modes / as the administrator / with firewall turned off - but still loses connection.

I am not sure if it is a windows8 issue / some network setting I have / or simply my laptop

Therefore if anyone has xcontrol running on windows 8 could they see if they have the same issue or if everything is OK re saving scenes so that I can narrow the problem down,

Many thanks

Nick

Re: X32 Xcontrol and Windows 8 - do i have a compatibility issue or......

The only windows 8 issue I've had is the USB drivers for recording doesn't have windows 8 as an approved OS. However I haven't tried recording anything yet to see if it works.

Re: X32 Xcontrol and Windows 8 - do i have a compatibility issue or......

The only windows 8 issue I've had is the USB drivers for recording doesn't have windows 8 as an approved OS. However I haven't tried recording anything yet to see if it works.
Hi,
Re recording using usb interface I have no issues - records and playbacks from Reaper fine.
Have you tried saving a scene in xcontrol running under W8?
Nick