XiControl performance issues...

Tim Tyler

Sophomore
Oct 24, 2011
Richmond, Va USA
X32, XiControl, FIRST generation iPad, all latest firmware, versions.

Booted up the X32 & iPad app, working as usual, however, when the "mini faders" and "mini meters" options are chosen, the response/performance of the program becomes extremely jerky and slow, I would say causing the iPad to be just about unuseable. (nothing running in the background of the iPad) Turning off these options makes a great improvement in performance.

First, with the slew of performance enhancements and additional features coming shortly, will this further degrade the performance of Xicontrol?
Second, is this a message to me that I will need to get the latest iPad incarnation to get proper performance?

I really don't need the meters or mini faders, but I'm concerned the next XiControl upgrade will adversely affect performance even more... Any ideas here are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Tim T

Re: XiControl performance issues...

X32, XiControl, FIRST generation iPad, all latest firmware, versions.

Booted up the X32 & iPad app, working as usual, however, when the "mini faders" and "mini meters" options are chosen, the response/performance of the program becomes extremely jerky and slow, I would say causing the iPad to be just about unuseable. (nothing running in the background of the iPad) Turning off these options makes a great improvement in performance.

First, with the slew of performance enhancements and additional features coming shortly, will this further degrade the performance of Xicontrol?
Second, is this a message to me that I will need to get the latest iPad incarnation to get proper performance?

I really don't need the meters or mini faders, but I'm concerned the next XiControl upgrade will adversely affect performance even more... Any ideas here are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Tim T

I had a similar issue with my iPad 3. There is talk of a new XiControl on the near horizon. Uli reported that it had been submitted to Apple for approval. My IT savvy friend tells me that updates don't need to be submitted to Apple, so this sounds like a total rebuild. It will be interesting to see what that means....

My IT savvy friend tells me that updates don't need to be submitted to Apple, so this sounds like a total rebuild.

Your friend would be incorrect on that - all updates to iOS apps still need to go through Apple's approval process.

I'm also using an iPad 1, and performance can be a bit delayed and jerky sometimes, even with the mini-meters turned off. It will definitely be interesting to see if the update performs better, or if it's mainly a visual refresh...

I do have an iPad1 too, the cpu power is too low for usesing mini levels and fader. It helps a bit to shut down all background apps. I doubt that this will be better with an update, so maybe it's time to fetch an iPad2.

Think about the amount if data being displayed in the mini meters. It allot! That's the main performance issue and I doubt there is much they can do - quickly, anyway, to remedy it. Only turn 'em on when you really need 'em.