XLR Patch panels (32 connectors)

Jordan Lahr

Junior
Aug 10, 2011
Sioux falls, SD
Just putting a feeler out for any ideas on where to get these. We have some old military style patch panels in our space and they need to be replaced constant contact cleaning and everything else, yet we will still get hums when they are bumped. So does anyone have a good supplier for these, we need about ~150 in and outs.

Re: XLR Patch panels (32 connectors)

Another option would be to contact any of the usual snake/cable companies about getting one custom made. Companies like CBI, Horizon, Whirlwind, etc will make panels just about any way you want and can also solider the wires for you.

I've also been partial to the UCP system from middle atlantic.

Middle Atlantic Products - Custom Panel System

When used as snake heads, I've found that the knock-out panels are easily caved-in by hard use -and the connectors are very tight together. The UPC panels offer more strength and you can opt for a wider connector spacing.

When used as snake heads, I've found that the knock-out panels are easily caved-in by hard use -and the connectors are very tight together. The UPC panels offer more strength and you can opt for a wider connector spacing.
That's the tradeoff, greater spacing can be stronger and easier to use but requires more space, closer spacing equates to less rack space but a less durable and possibly more difficult to use panel.

In many cases I simply use blank panels with custom layouts, that way I can use the spacing to help visually group or separate the connections.