XTA - USB/RS485 connection trouble

karel.will

Freshman
Jan 13, 2011
Bruges, Belgium
Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with connecting my MacBook Pro with my XTA DP448. It used to work fine for years, but suddenly, I can't make AudioCore find my processor. I recheked all settings, in the software, in the pocessor AND of the USB/RS-485 COM port, and everything looks fine. I bought a new KK systems adaptor, thinking it surely must be broken, but the new one has the same problem. I even installed the latest firmware on my processor, downloaded the newest AudioCore version, AND installed the shiny new drivers for the adaptor, but nothing helped me. I called the distributer in Belgium, and they couldn't help me either. I tried it on different processors, same problem. I tried connecting by scanning the system, or by making a new processor setup and then going only, but nothing works.

The thing is, everything looks fine; the COM port shows up fine in system settings, but still, AudioCore won't find my device.
I can connect to my processor via RS232 perfectly fine, but I don't like the RS232, and I'm really baffled why the RS485 just stopped functioning. I didn't change anything, it just stopped working.

I'll take my whole setup over to the service center in Belgium on monday, and hopefully they will be able to sort me out, but in the meantime: anybody has any idea?

Thanks!

Charly

Re: XTA - USB/RS485 connection trouble

We have a whole heap of XTA DP226 units for our main PA system, with the wireless WiSP or whatever they call it. I was never able to get a fully functioning USB to RS485 set up up and running. It only ever worked with the DB9 serial output for hardwired connection. And even the wireless access was some kind of strange black magic voodoo to get it working right. Have you tried sacrificing a chicken and throwing salt over your left shoulder?

Eventually all of our XTA shit will be replaced by some form of Meyer Galileo.

Re: XTA - USB/RS485 connection trouble

All the chickens I can find in the stores have allready been sacrificed. I might try the salt though.

Seriously, My setup has been working flawlessly for 4 years now. That's why I'm so freaked out now that it just stopped.

I bought my DP448 some time before they anounced the Galileo 408. Just like I bought a tablet PC a couple of months before the first iPad...