Yamaha CL vs QL inserts

Re: Yamaha CL vs QL inserts

I see that on the CL v3 channel inserts can be connected to the GEQ which is good, but not Dante.

[RANT]
I really wish Yamaha would stop limiting the features in their top consoles. Time and time again there have been features on their lesser consoles that are not on their more expensive consoles. e.g. USB recording and custom fader banks on the LS9 but not on the M7CL. Seems they've done it again with the QL/CL. I really thought that they were going to stop doing that with this line. Damn.
[/RANT]

Just playing with the CL and QL editors... the answer is "no".

Yamaha tends to do as much as possible in hardware. So the MP3 recording in the LS9 has dedicated MP3 chips, not something that can be added to earlier consoles with a firmware update. That can be annoying when seemingly simple features can't be added to earlier consoles.

That can be annoying when seemingly simple features can't be added to earlier consoles.

The M7/LS was a bad example. I'm really more referring to newer, more capable consoles dropping features that were available in the older, simpler consoles.

e.g.
Input patch on encoders (DMxK)
Linkable graphics (DMxK)
Separate PRE/POST EQ send per channel (PM5D)

and now this...
The more expensive, higher end CL not having the ability to patch inserts to Dante.
Also, I see that the TF has a monitor mix app which the CL/QL don't have, but hopefully Yamaha will remedy that.

I've ranted plenty about this over the years, so I should really stop hoping.