Yamaha CL3 Safe Mode Error

Ben Keane

Jul 21, 2023
England
Hi gang, I'm having trouble with the safe modes on my file. I'll explain my setup and then the problem...

So I install the audio for new production shows on a certain cruise line. We have 5 shows, all contained within one file. At the top of each show I have a 'Load Settings' scene which recalls all the parameters for the show, and then all of the following scenes, only change fader positions and mute switch (plus the occasional monitor mix change if needed).

So my issue is... when I load my production file from the ships 'Day Time' file (Which is used for lectures, port talks, and excursion departures), on channels 21, 22, 23, and 29 the safe recall mode switches itself on. But if I load an older version of my file from a new version, or viscera, the safe modes do not switch themselves on. Which is what I want.

The only thought I can put it down to is a firmware issue, the desk is at 5.1, my file is at 5.8. But because it is an active ship, I cannot run an update. Plus the onboard QSYS system is a bit sensitive to updates.

So any other suggestions would be great!

Cheers.

Hi Riley, thanks for your suggestion. I gave it a go but the problem is still present. The only solution I have found was to create a new 'Day time' file, using my file as the foundation. Now when I switch between the files, there is no longer an issue.

So reflecting on the solution, I'm guessing the conflict between the files is a trait specific to the firmware '5.1'. As this happened on other ships with the same firmware, plus when I loaded both files separately on my offline editor, neither of them presented any issues.

Thanks again for your help!