Yorkville Synergy SA115S Tapped horn 15 inch subwoofer.

Douglas R. Allen

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2011
Maine USA
I see Yorkville has added new products to their Synergy Line. The new Tapped Horn designed 15 inch woofer sub. It looks interesting. 3 db's down at 31hz. 135 db peak output with an amp that is rated at 9000 watts peak. Even if you dropped that 9000 watt peak amp down 6 db's your looking at a 2250 watt rms amp. Looks to be a little beast. Time will tell but I am going to keep an eye on it. I wonder what the pricing will be?
Douglas R. Allen

https://yorkville.com/synergy/product/sa115s/

Last edited:
These haven't been out yet so no one has heard them. The other Synergy System did get bad marks at the demo's but who knows. Could have been anything from setup wrong or the operator having a bad day. Or the system does sound bad.... As this sub is a Tapped horn compared to the standard front load sub of the other Synergy system that was demo'ed it's hard to say. Could be great or a dog. I am looking forward to real reviews and standard Youtube videos. They are $4300 in Canadian Money so around $3300 or so US? before dealer discounts. I am wondering the true US price. I "Believe" Yorkville is licensed to use some of Danley idea's but I don't think it is a Tom Danley design made for Yorkville. The Yorkville Synergy line to me is kind of like the "Midas Designed Preamps" in the X32. Betting they sound pretty darn good as speakers just maybe not 100 percent all the secret sauce. Maybe someone from Yorkville or Danley can chime in on this.

https://www.long-mcquade.com/218979...nd/Synergy-Array-Series-Powered-Subwoofer.htm

Douglas R. Allen

Last edited:
Yorkville has licensed Danley's concepts, but to my knowledge Tom has never acted in a design capacity for Yorkville. Any Yorkville Synergy or Paraline stuff I have heard thus far (that is using some sort of Danley based concepts) have not sonically been in the same league as any of the Danley products I've heard. I've really lost interest in Yorkville, I think they have a number of competitors that are outperforming them at the moment.

Last edited: