Anyone Artistic?

Re: Anyone Artistic?

Meh... it's ok:

For real though... do we have a consensus/decision/input/advice from the big cheeses?

Sorry, guys, it's been a very long week. I just got together via long distance radiotelephony with David on this one.

Animated GIF is fun but no good, we have to serve this (currently) 10K+ times a day and that number is only going to go up, the extra bytes are going to slow things down client-side fo rilla.

What would be ideal is a graphic that fades to full black at the bottom and right with some ''unused'' space (graphic can be there, but it's going to be partly obscured) so we can overlay some links via CSS on the bottom, and a search bar on the right. This width is cool, I think we can assume that everyone has 800 pixels to dedicate to their browser. Keeping the height small is the prime directive, I think 128-ish would be OK.

Void, I think the blue-stroked text concept is great, and I like the loudspeaker on the left. The girl, probably not, unless she can climb out of my screen, and then she better not fucking climb out of anyone else's screen or she is out of my life, like, forever.

Thanks for the input Bennett. Here's a version based on your comments:

It fades to black at the bottom and the right. If it needs to be shorter let me know.

I'm sorry to say but the girl jumped out of my screen. I can give you her phone number... maybe...

I was thinking sort of along the same lines too. Look at how short the original generic FUD header graphic is. The speaker in your graphic is good, but it is the tallest part of the image. Reduce that down, so it is about the height of the main text, then the whole thing can come down. Maybe you could also reduce the size of the main text by one point. (if that is available at the resolution you used?) I say that because two points is often too large of a difference. But that may actually be appropriate in this case too.

Nice job!

I think we can assume that everyone has 800 pixels to dedicate to their browser. Keeping the height small is the prime directive, I think 128-ish would be OK.

800 pixels seems to be a nice size to me too. It easily fits on my laptop, which is a traditional 4:3 aspect ratio display. On newer 16:9-ish ''widescreen'' displays, no problem. Since I would anticipate most people using 4:3 types of displays to be running a 1024 x 768 resolution at a minimum, that would work out very well and also leave some room to the left for the Bookmarks ''Panel''.

Let me talk to David about it, but I think that's about what we're looking for. You could bleed a little more onto the black with your equalizer art if you wanted, since there's going to be a little more black border below it as well. If you wanted to put our ''slogan'' back in and extend another 25 pixels or so down that would be fine, I think. I assume that's 125 high right now?