Audiolabs of Georgia

Randy Gartner

Junior
Jan 12, 2011
Pennsylvania
randygartnersound.com
I was having trouble with one of my Lab Gruppens,a PLM 10,000 Q.It would turn on but shut off before intializing. I called Audiolabs of Georgia an authorized repair center and send it down. 3 weeks later I hadn't heard from them so I emailed them to make sure they got it. I get a reply saying yeah,we got it, we looked at it and we think we know what's wrong. Great. So another 2 weeks go by and I don't hear from them so I emailed them again.No reply.So the guy I was dealing with,Colin had his cell number on the email so I called him. He said he was no longer working for them. Great. So I call Audiolabs and they now tell me they didn't look at it and it will take at least 2 more weeks until they can get to it. So now they have it about 5 weeks.Needless to say I am not too happy with them.Anyone else ever deal with them?

So now it's the middle of January and still no word from Audio Labs about my PLM 10,000 which I sent to them the end of October. So I emailed Lab Gruppen and they got back to me on Thursday and said Wendy from Audio Labs would get back to me the next day. Still nothing.

As it is hard to break a Lab.gruppen device, there aren't many Service Centers around to fix them and unfortunately for both of us, we are located a zillion miles away to have your PLM sent in for service. Music Group is sort of "new" to Lab.gruppen service process, but their CARE network could be somehow helpful in your case, so give it a try to Thermal Relief Design Inc (702-395-7005) at Las Vegas, NV.

Reactions: Alexander Lane
As it is hard to break a Lab.gruppen device, there aren't many Service Centers around to fix them and unfortunately for both of us, we are located a zillion miles away to have your PLM sent in for service. Music Group is sort of "new" to Lab.gruppen service process, but their CARE network could be somehow helpful in your case, so give it a try to Thermal Relief Design Inc (702-395-7005) at Las Vegas, NV.

Thermal relief are excellent (y)

As for Thermal Relief.
My experience was a some years ago but.....

A friend of mine sent a Drawmer comp to them that had issues on channel 1all the time, not an intermittent problem.
Received it back, still had the same problem along with a bench bill after they said it met all specs.

I had a Drawmer 1960 tube comp that had gotten a little noisy and I felt needed a going through and re-calibrated.
Called them up got the big pitch on the problems they have with those and all they need to to fix them. My BS alarm starts going off and my gut feeling is thanks but no thanks.
So I sent the 1960 back to Drawmer in England, they go through it, repair, re-calibrate as needed all for free, got it back good as new only thing it cost me was shipping and that was still better than what Thermal Relief's quote was adding up to.

Again that was some time ago, you experience may differ.

Ok it's been over 4 months and Audio Labs of Georgia still has my amp. CARE asked them to send it to their Las Vegas repair center 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived.This facility is terrible. Wendy is the person I talked to. So did Chad from Lab Gruppen and James from CARE. She always says she will do this or that but does nothing. I am in Pennsylvania so not convenient to drive to Georgia so not sure what to do.

• Wow
Reactions: Scott Harris
I am not a lawyer but, they have admitted to having your property and are refusing to return it to you. Felony theft in Georgia is over $500.00. I would think your amp is worth more than that. You might want to look into filing a police report with their local jurisdiction. Or just letting them know you are considering it.

As for Thermal Relief.
My experience was a some years ago but.....

A friend of mine sent a Drawmer comp to them that had issues on channel 1all the time, not an intermittent problem.
Received it back, still had the same problem along with a bench bill after they said it met all specs.

I had a Drawmer 1960 tube comp that had gotten a little noisy and I felt needed a going through and re-calibrated.
Called them up got the big pitch on the problems they have with those and all they need to to fix them. My BS alarm starts going off and my gut feeling is thanks but no thanks.
So I sent the 1960 back to Drawmer in England, they go through it, repair, re-calibrate as needed all for free, got it back good as new only thing it cost me was shipping and that was still better than what Thermal Relief's quote was adding up to.

Again that was some time ago, you experience may differ.

Just to balance the scales a little. We have sent maybe a dozen various pieces to Thermal Relief over the years. Mostly BSS and Lab Gruppen. Everything has always come back repaired perfectly. Based on our experience I would recommend them without reservation.

I am pleased to report that the issues with my Lab Gruppen 10,000 has been resolved thanks to Alexander Lane and James Elizondo of CARE. I have had nothing but great results with Midas/ Lab Gruppen with people like James ,Alexander and Kyle Chirnside. They are an asset to their company. The amp was repaired at their Las Vegas facility after sitting for almost 5 months at Audio Labs of Georgia who did nothing but give me the run around. CARE not only repaired my amp , they repaired it and shipped it to me at no charge! Thank You again James and the crew at CARE who got my issue resolved.