Cadac J Type

Re: Cadac J Type

I picked up a rack with 2 8x8 LCS units as well. I'm not too sure what they are yet.

Have you ever been to one of those big modern circus style production shows and wonder how they got the sound design to do what it is doing? That's what LCS does.

Which ones? LD-88s or Matrix 3? (sounds like an LD-88) If you log onto http://www.lcsforums.com you can get the documentation and current software. What it will do will depend on which cards you have in the box and of course what box it is. You'll need to plug them into a computer to use them. It's basically a show control automation system for audio. Though there are things like it, it's basically a one of a kind beast. Meyer bought LCS as few years back and have discontinued the Matrix (LD-88s have been EOL for quite sometime now) and have replaced it with a product called D-Mitri. http://www.meyersound.com/products/d-mitri/ It's the next interation of LCS and the software that controls it called Cue Station.

Let me know if I can help, I've been using it for the last six years or so and have been one of our programmers for the last few years. The guy I worked for was one of the original guys doing Cats when I told him there were J Types for under 10 grand he about crapped his pants. They were using them back when they were 150-200k.

On edit: I just went and looked and if it's an LD-88 you can still get manuals and software. It's Cue Station 2.5 BUT it needs to run on BeOS R5.0.3. For those that aren't familiar with Be, it's what OS X should have been instead of NeXT..... :D

Dave

Last edited:

Have you ever been to one of those big modern circus style production shows and wonder how they got the sound design to do what it is doing? That's what LCS does.

Which ones? LD-88s or Matrix 3? (sounds like an LD-88) If you log onto http://www.lcsforums.com you can get the documentation and current software. What it will do will depend on which cards you have in the box and of course what box it is. You'll need to plug them into a computer to use them. It's basically a show control automation system for audio. Though there are things like it, it's basically a one of a kind beast. Meyer bought LCS as few years back and have discontinued the Matrix (LD-88s have been EOL for quite sometime now) and have replaced it with a product called D-Mitri. http://www.meyersound.com/products/d-mitri/ It's the next interation of LCS and the software that controls it called Cue Station.

Let me know if I can help, I've been using it for the last six years or so and have been one of our programmers for the last few years. The guy I worked for was one of the original guys doing Cats when I told him there were J Types for under 10 grand he about crapped his pants. They were using them back when they were 150-200k.

On edit: I just went and looked and if it's an LD-88 you can still get manuals and software. It's Cue Station 2.5 BUT it needs to run on BeOS R5.0.3. For those that aren't familiar with Be, it's what OS X should have been instead of NeXT..... :D

Dave

Dave,

I didn't even know the models until I got them! The lot was labeled as "Complete LCS System."

I saw Cirque "O" at the Bellagio a few years ago, the production was ridiculous. Hopefully it's something I can use.

The units I have are LD-88s. They came in a rack with a computer, so I'm going to ASSume the proper software and OS are already loaded on it. I haven't had a chance to power them up and play with them yet.

Any chance you have a copy of manuals and schematics for the J-Type?

Make sure it's not full of water. The fire department doused a small fire on the roof the other day caused by some solar panels that were staged for installation. I think it was mostly a pile of M2Ds and some speaker stands and bags that got soaked.
The desk was in North Bergen when that happened.

Any chance you have a copy of manuals and schematics for the J-Type?

I've used them before but being mostly from the rock and corp side I'd didn't do a whole lot of theater until I got here. Then again the theater guys probably think what we do isn't theater.... Jim Van Bergen can get some docs for it.

Looks like you may have a full Wildtracks playback rig as well. It's basically a 16x16 matrix/console/mixing system.

Hi all, new to the forum. I picked up a J Type last year. It's a 32 frame. But...the seller didn't have a power supply. If anyone here has one for sale, please message me. I'm ok with 120v or 240v and would be fine with the original 48/13 , +18/-18 pair of linear units, or the later switching ones, or even the single unit psu for the 8400, which is compatible. Thx!

We still have a couple of E-Types with sidecars, power supplies, spare modules, etc..

I think there is also a J-Type hiding in the shop somewhere.

These were used on Broadway back in the day. We got them from Masque eons ago.

Couple of months ago we took them out of the cases to take photos to see if anyone was interested.

This thread immediately made my back start hurting.

We still have a couple of E-Types with sidecars, power supplies, spare modules, etc..

I think there is also a J-Type hiding in the shop somewhere.

These were used on Broadway back in the day. We got them from Masque eons ago.

Couple of months ago we took them out of the cases to take photos to see if anyone was interested.

This thread immediately made my back start hurting.
Hi Pat, I have interest in a small frame CADAC J series setup, do you know the frame size?
Maybe a sidecar E series? Thank You, Vince

Talk about dropping the ball and not replying or getting back to people...:rolleyes:

I sincerely apologize to the members not getting back to them.

If anyone still needs info or photos, we still have all of these consoles.

Sorry...

We have 2 E-Type & 2 A-Type with cases, side cars, spare parts and cases for side cars.

Let me know if anyone needs photos!

Last edited: