Chevy has their head up their butt

Re: Chevy has their head up their butt

What about Fiat Ducato? Ram Promaster they seem to be called. If the variation and the price is anything like what you have in Europe with Fiat Ducato/Peugeot Boxer/Citroen Jumper, they are the most economic choice out there.

One loaded down rail car produces virtually no public road wear... sort-of.

I suspect there is a mutual benefit relationship between long haul trucking and the highway system that probably does not make economic sense just for passenger car travel alone. The interstate highway system was initially justified by Eisenhower as a military or national defense issue.

We take it for granted but somebody must pay for it. I would like to see more rail use, and fuel costs are driving more heavy freight to rail already.

An interesting trend (perhaps due to economy) is that people are less willing to pay for overnight delivery of mail/small packages. If they were more patient about cross country freight, rail looks even more attractive for that too.

The consolidation among major air carriers will probably lead to less discount air fares, so perhaps more highway use for moderate distance passenger travel plans.

JR

Replying both to MH and JR, some foresight and planning along the lines of DDE's implementation of the Interstate system is long overdue. I suspect that given some encouragement from the regulatory agencies and the tax folk, a comprehensive, integrated rail/highway system would be of great benefit to all, both economically and environmentally. More rail......definitely. Regional/local truck delivery from rail hubs.....definitely. We already see a lot of this with the containerization of freight on the sea routes feeding to the rails, then to the trucks in large container yards.

Weaning consumers and end-users from the expectation of "overnight gratification" is, as mentioned, a direct response to the reduced cost offered by taking a day or two longer in transit.

More trains!!!!

Well getting back to the title of the topic I proved it today. My buddy brought down his new ford f 150 extended cab. Its light years ahead of chevy in room, creature comforts, toys, leg room is insane.

Well getting back to the title of the topic I proved it today. My buddy brought down his new ford f 150 extended cab. Its light years ahead of chevy in room, creature comforts, toys, leg room is insane.

+1 My dad bought a king ranch F150. WOW. You want leg room check out that truck. All the features in the cab are awesome. Everything about the truck stands out over Chevy. I drive a Chevy, I honestly still like them but they do not compare.