Clothing...

Re: Clothing...

Black 5.11 Tactical pants and shorts

+1 on the 511s. The fabric is very durable, dirt resistant, and nice and light for summer. The sewing is OK. They have a model with "Jeans cut" pockets that I really like because my stuff doesn't fall out when I sit down as it does with most slacks. Most models also have a long, thin "knife pocket" that works really well for, what else, a knife, and also Leatherman-like tools and electronic key-fobs.

-F

For shirts, I usually wear polos or button downs, embroidered with a company logo, from the Queensboro Shirt Company. They are internet based, and their prices are not much more then buying regular shirts in the store. I have shirts from them that are going on 6 years old that are still presentable. For pants, I usually wear nylon convertible pants from either Colombia, North Face, etc., if I am doing outside gigs, Inside gigs are usually 5.11 tacticals or similar. If its dressier, I usually just swing by the local TJ Maxx/Marshals and pick shirts and pants up as needed. For shoes, it is usually either Bates Tactical Boots or Thorgood Station boots.

I really like Elbeco EMT pants with the teflon water repellant. They're very durable, come in a wide range of sizes, and are available un-hemmed. In their earlier stages of use, I can also get away wearing them in certain corporate contexts. In the summer, Dickie's cargo shorts do the trick.

For shirts, I periodically pick up a pack of Hanes tagless black T-shirts. Nothing special, but they do the job.