Danley demo on 11/13 in Atlanta

Jan 10, 2011
Abingdon, MD
www.harfordsound.com
Come one, come all.... (well, not really "all," guest list space is limited! And tickets are going fast!)

We're bringing a Danley Sound Labs system into the lovely Masquerade in Atlanta, GA. The rig will feature 1 Jericho J3 and 1 TH812 per side. That's right, 1 cabinet PER SIDE for 1,100 people. Will they pass the ultimate Evan torture test? Come find out! All Time Low will be headlining, and the support acts are pretty decent too! So, come on out!

Evan

Re: Danley demo on 11/13 in Atlanta

1 J3 per side for 1,100 seats isn't a worry. Only 1 TH-812 per side could be. How did this slip by the 'I'm Evan and I require double subs' clause? :)

The plan is to use a single TH812 per side. We will have 2 more (and amps) there just in case. If during soundcheck we need them we will bring them in. But space is limited for extra PA in the venue (having to stack on the ground in front of existing system-which can't be moved). We could add a TH812 to house left with no problem-but house right might be a bit of an issue-as there is a walkway that can't be blocked-so we would have to angle it to the other one-no issue sonically (in fact a good thing for directivity).

As far as output-if we to run the J3 at full level (which we will not even be close), I would like to have 4 TH812's to keep up with it. My suspicion is that the J3 will be running around -15dB-with peaks around -10dB. We will see.

As far as coverage- the cabinets will be on the outsides and facing inward-so the coverage will be pretty wide. The SM80's will be doing front fill duty. The room is deeper than wide.

Power is all Lab Gruppen with just under 50,000 watts (not counting the extra power for the other 812's if needed). We would use another 20K (for the pair) if we need to bring them in.

We may also bring a couple of the new SM80 Monitors-if any of the openers want to try them out.

Should be fun :)

Agree, how do those 4 box replace the: 8 SH-46s with 2 SH-50s(front fill duty) and 6 TH-115 with 4 TH-Hot Rods, that you had in there 4 years ago.

Wait no TH221?
The 812 was chosen because it gets a good bit louder than the TH221-above 30hz anyway.

We will be flat to below 30Hz. That should do the 808 just fine.

With the uneven old wood floors in there I'm guessing that Ivan doesn't want to spend another entire night up by the stacks making sure they don't fall over.

YEAH-that was a PAIN-and scary. Kinda hard to enjoy it when you have to spend the time counteracting the swaying action of the PA-even if it was strapped together.

I have a plan this time (I was not aware of the situation last time).

We have built a large base that will spread out the load-will bring shims to make sure it is level and the whole thing will be strapped all the way around and lagged into the base.

Plus with it being only 2 boxes tall, there will be much less "rocking" between the elements. Last time it was 3 TH115's tall with 2 tall SH46's on top of that.

I'm off Tuesday night. Evan and Ivan if either of you need some help with load in PM me and let me know what time to be there. Should be plenty of rig for that room.

I'm off Tuesday night. Evan and Ivan if either of you need some help with load in PM me and let me know what time to be there. Should be plenty of rig for that room.
The "Danley aspect" won't need any help per say (but an extra hand or two never hurts :)), but if you are interested in showing up-maybe to learn more about what and why we are doing what we are doing, by all means come on down.

Load in currently is 12-but Evan is trying to get it moved up a bit-to allow more time for setup. The show is stated for 6pm (I'm not sure if that is doors or 1st band), but there are 4 bands that night-so lots of work to do in a short period of time. Including setting up the PA- At least it is just stacks and racks. But the "stacking" is not "normal". Getting a J3 on top of a TH812 is not a "normal stack". But should be pretty easy-with what I have "rigged up".

And then we have to anchor it all together so it doesn't move around as the floor moves up and down.

Pics will be needed!

Ivan, how far out will the J3 cover when stacked on the 812? Do you have any plans for tilting it up or down?
It will be a little bit higher than just sitting on a TH812 on the ground. The 812 is sitting 7" up on the "stand". Not much-but every little bit helps.

Yes it would be nice to get it up higher-but in that particular "venue" stacking any higher is dangerous (due to the moving floor) and there are no fly points there (at least the last time I was there).

No play on tilting-as this would become a bit more unstable.

We have Applied lifts that would work great-but cannot be put in there because the legs would be into the audience-which would create trip hazards.

Sometimes you have to deal with things the best you can. The option for "doing it right" just does not exist.

Regarding "how far" it will cover, it should be fine to FOH, which is pretty much at the back of the audience area. The rear wall is behind FOH a good bit-but there are not many people there-usually.

It is what it is-but should be fine.

Hey thanks Evan for a great night at Revolution Live..I'm glad it turned out well, you had a great mix and did a great job on their turbo rig...thanks for trying our TourSubs and TourTraps, hope to get you on our large scale powered Line Array TourArray...you rock, and I Love the Band...