Danley demo on 11/13 in Atlanta

Re: Danley demo on 11/13 in Atlanta

It is either get the gear up with the lift-or carry it up some winding stairs (that collapsed a couple of years ago with people on them)

It is a slow process. The load to the lift is on a slant.

That particular gig was a longer load out than normal-due to the police blocking off the area to the lift. Somebody had jumped off a bridge next to the club and killed themselves-so they had to investigate.

I asked the house guy to turn all of his amps on (so as to act as a "brake" on the cones) and mute the DSP.

If it was causing an issue-nobody noticed-or said anything.

Lucky the hoist was working - wouldn't like to carry a 584 lb. sub or 432 lb. mid hi up the stairs, nor lift the mid hi on top of the sub :(~:-(~:sad: .... in fact in my country the OHS laws would probably make it illegal, but you gotta love that much horsepower in just 2 boxes a side :)~:)~:smile:.

Re: Danley demo on 11/13 in Atlanta

Lucky the hoist was working - wouldn't like to carry a 584 lb. sub or 432 lb. mid hi up the stairs, nor lift the mid hi on top of the sub :(~:-(~:sad: .... in fact in my country the OHS laws would probably make it illegal, but you gotta love that much horsepower in just 2 boxes a side :)~:)~:smile:.
I doubt the TH812 would make it around the turns in the steps anyway-------

We lifted the J3 on the TH812 using a Genie lift. If you notice, the subs are sitting (and bolted to) the orange platforms.

They allowed us several advantages. It provided a larger more stable platform for the subs (the whole floor jumps up and down in that place and the PA actually rocks/moves back and forth), allowed the bottom of the Genie to go under the sub, and it got the whole rig a little bit higher.

We actually took 4 subs to the gig, but Evan said he was fine with just 1 per side.

While we were at dinner-Even "pushed" the system a little bit-to see what it could do. He said he got it up to 114dBA at FOH and figured that was "enough".

He ran the show around 108ish A slow for the show. C peaks were in the mid/upper 130dB range at FOH. The J3s had plenty of output left over.