Danley SM 80 vs SM 60F?

Re: Danley SM 80 vs SM 60F?

Is the BC 415 a tap horn or a regular horn?
How do they work in multiples, four, six or more units tight packed together?

Franz
The BC series (412 and 415-so far------) are in the "regular horn" family-in that they don't use both sides of the driver like the tapped horn.

However Tom is doing something "unique" with the horn layout-I can't go into details while the patent is waiting.

A single BC416 has a lot of forward directivity by itself-around 10dB at 80hHz and (if I remember) 3-4dB down at 30hz.

When you add them together- you get more forward directivity-which means more gain out front.

However if you to wide-the pattern will start to narrow-which may or many not be a good thing-depending on the coverage needed.

My experience with the sound of them outside is different (I can't explain why-I don't know) than with any other sub I have experienced.

Usually outside you sense where the subs are (easily locate to them) and the sound just seems to "come and go" (meaning you hear it and then it keeps on going past you.

In the several situations I have used the BC415s outside-it "sensation" is more like inside a club/venue. It seems to "wrap around and hug you"-but not in a sloppy kind of way.

It is really hard to describe the "sound", But I like it :)