Digital Console purchase for a 400 capacity theater

Re: Digital Console purchase for a 400 capacity theater

Hi TJ,

Does anyone know if one of the GLD stage boxes, the AR2412 for example, can be used on a DLive?

No the d-snake and gig-ace protocols are different and the AR racks cannot be used with the d-live. The other way of looking at it is using the d-live DM racks with the GLD. Using an ACE card or Dante etc. this could be done.

So I thought I would update as I just finished a national tour on a d-live with a dante split to a GLD80 at monitors. I started out on the tour on a Digico SD10 and all was fine, then I had the opportunity to move over to the d-live and really put it to it's test in the trenches. I immediately felt that the sonics were an improvement. So I can honestly say that it also falls into the category of having, "that sound".
The dante split was simple and the GLD80 was then using the d-live outputs for monitors. Really simple and a great companion. The tour went extremely well with no hiccups and I had many a social media site complimenting the band on their sound. New firmware is due any day for the d-live and I am still very happy to have given up the Avid Profile for the d-live.