Eaw anya!!

Re: Eaw anya!!

Showco Prism. But Anya probably sounds good....
Tim,

I remember the Prism used several digital delays for making "beam steering" with a flat hang possible.
Back in the mid 1980's even that level of processing was hugely expensive.
The Prism had to deal with the finer points by using different box types (externally looking the same) for down fill, medium and long throw.

The Anya uses FIR processing, and dozens of drivers and amplifiers per box.
The potential of putting sound exactly where you want it that the Anya can provide with a straight hang is pretty staggering by comparison to the Prism.

I wonder how staggering the price per box and the processing to handle it will be?
It certainly won't be in the "Junior Varsity" budget.

Art

Modern KF900?
It seems to be much closer to a modern KF900 than any other old system. It certainly has little in common with an S4, conceptually or component wise. Maybe by the proposed June launch we'll know more about how it sounds and works in real life.

The similar but smaller format RH IC2 is in the $10k-$12k per box price, Anya will probably be well above that.

Mac

Tim,

I remember the Prism used several digital delays for making "beam steering" with a flat hang possible.
The Prism had to deal with the finer points by using different box types (externally looking the same) for down fill, medium and long throw.

The potential of putting sound exactly where you want it that the Anya can provide with a straight hang is pretty staggering by comparison to the Prism.

I wonder how staggering the price per box and the processing to handle it will be?

Art

I would guess they will be in the "We'll build your order after the check clears and you'll get them in 3 to 6 months" category. $40K/box??

It is interesting being in the "post-line-array era" with this, Nexo STM, and a few other offerings.

that was my thought as well...

When ever I see the company name with only the first letter capitalized, I think of the sound a four year old makes when confronted with food they don't like. Coupled with the product name that looks like a proper name, well, this reminds me of Chevy's attempts to sell Novas in Spanish speaking countries.

Do I sence some eaw dislike here?

You're sensing dislike about what Loud, Inc. has done to EAW. Much damage has been done to the reputation of the company due to several factors including lack of parts supply, departure of key good people, and a general sense of lacking care about end users. IOW, the company got Mackie-afied. Hope that turns around for EAW. Mackie, however, is not improving and things seem to be getting worse with customer service.

Tim,

Art

Hi Art-

The concept behind the Prism was brilliant and cutting-edge for its time. It packed nice in the truck, it put out lots of sound and the vertical steering was good enough to be useful.

You're right that Anya is staggeringly better at pattern and "reach" control in comparison. Leaps and bounds in the implementation and distribution of DSP has let designers do cool things with physics that simply weren't feasible when the first Prism rigs went out.

My disappointment with the Prism was with the voicing. Sounded best with rock acts. A warm, male vocal was the challenge I never heard the Prism meet. Oh well.

Tim Mc

Last edited:

You're sensing dislike about what Loud, Inc. has done to EAW. Much damage has been done to the reputation of the company due to several factors including lack of parts supply, departure of key good people, and a general sense of lacking care about end users. IOW, the company got Mackie-afied. Hope that turns around for EAW. Mackie, however, is not improving and things seem to be getting worse with customer service.

True, what loud has done. It only took 7 months to get a part, and it was no good when it came. I can be 99.99999999% sure that I am finally done with eaw/ loud at this point.
Kinda like Peavy taking over crest, I'll see how many 200 series crest amps go down this year.

Here is what I was told, by I think a rep. I am not sure if it is true, so any validation would be great. EAW moved their mass produced items to china, along with a couple key manufacturing engineers to oversee things. Things were going well and these engineers went home (US) for vacation, Thanksgiving, Christmas something, and when they returned back to China the building was locked up and completely empty.