Exporting from Lake to Powersoft

Jan 19, 2011
Oslo, Norway, Norway
drbentsen.no
I've been practising measuring speakers on a cheap 15" coax I bought from a music store.

It turned ut prety good, but I would like to have these settings in a Powersoft X8. I did the tuning in a Lake LM26.

Is there a way to export settings from Lake to Powersoft?

It's a bi-amped linear phase crossover with a few parametric eqs and all-pass filters.

If you can send me the lake files I'll see what I can glean from their file format. It's possible I can write a script to translate between the file formats. No promises, though. That said there are definitely conversions between BW and Q that can be done. Really the best option is to do the tuning in the target medium.

That said there are definitely conversions between BW and Q that can be done

I recall some issues from the earlier days of DSP where BW and Q of filters weren't enough to fully define the filter shape and behaviour. This meant that a "translated" set of DSP settings might yield a very different transfer function than expected, and that the only way to duplicate settings reliably was to match the transfer functions manually. Perhaps things have gotten better, or perhaps not. Me, I'd probably start by porting over FIR coefficients, and match the rest of the stuff manually based on a reference transfer function.