Happy Labor Day!

Re: Happy Labor Day!

You know, I'm heartbroken beyond belief at this thread....

No one can change what's happening and what's about to happen.

There are so many people that participate here in the forums that I've held so much respect for, but now you are no better than the rest of the population. And WTF are you talking about, you are asking at this point??

Everyone has become an expert on politics. I mean, EVERYONE. No one has a fucking true clue what's going on in DC. Please, you tell me what's going on in a place where these fools and idiots rip and shred each other on TV, radio, and the print all day long, then yuk it up arm in arm all night in their parties, the bars, the events, and all of the other places they can see and be seen. They are master at stirring up the lemming to further their cause. And you choose to buy whatever bullshit your side of the aisle is selling?? F'in' please...Every bit of this is our fault. We let it happen over the course of 30-40 years. And that big ass Genie is out of the bottle. It is not going to get any better. I hope you people remember all of this shit when you, your friends, and your families are fighting over this shit in the streets. And who started it. And over what?

Naive of me? Perhaps and thank God (oooh, wonder how many of you that pissed off??)

Good luck, and good bye.

Geri O

Hello Geri et al...

When I opened this thread, it wasn't intended to be anything more than to thank American Workers for their efforts in making the US a better place to live and work. It was not intended to be a partisan posting.

Then another expanded on his own thoughts (which is needed in a free and open society) adding aditional information which had contributed to the Holiday becoming a National Holiday. (while commenting on current events) Then... I thought the post's Political commentary was ending....but...apparently not so....

While I agree that many seem to THINK they're experts on Political Issues, the truth is, that to know Political Issues one would have to separate themselves from Political rhetoric, Political Partisanship and the ramblings of people that can GAIN from spewing half-truths, misdirection, and complete lies. People that know Political Issues do their own research, and can think for themselves.

These free thinking people do not need, nor will allow themselves to be packaged as a THIS or THAT. Free thinking people realize that agreeing with one issue or disagreeing with another does not fit them into a mold. Does not make one's belief system an all or nothing proposition. That all of life's Political decisions are not Black or White.

Unfortunately, the message from Politicians that seems to have been the most effective and affective, is that one must choose a side, that it is an all or nothing decision. That if one were to agree with these Politicians, even on a single issue, that they were of the same mind-set on other issues.

And YES, "Every bit of this is our fault". Americans have become lazy in our parenting, complacent in our values, sucked-in by the Marketing, ignorant of the facts, and less demanding of our long term welfare as a Country. We've allowed Big Business to dictate our Nation's Policy and America's future, all to the detriment of the American People. Serfdom is back, except the King wears a Corporate Logo instead of a Crown.

Watching the events over the last few years, we've seen the "Tea Party" hi-jacked. It was originally formed by a few individuals protesting against the 9/11 Commission's published "findings". (talk about deception x 2) Now the "Tea Party" is composed of former Republicans with their own agenda....and yes,a couple of ideas of which I agree with, but, it DOES NOT make me a "Tea Partier"... (Sarah Palin could never represent ME.)

We're in a mess in this Country...but to ignore it solves nothing. I urge anyone and everyone to write or Email your Congress-persons and Senators (like people did in the old days) tell them what you think about whatever issues you're concerned with.

Being involved will make a difference.

Hammer

We need to work a little harder to see things from opposite points of view... Inflammatory political rhetoric is designed to shut down communication not inform each other. The power brokers do not want people to think for them selves, or think at all.

If such discussions avoided personal attacks and and stuck to factual exposition, that was actually accurate :) such exchanges would be less painful.

Geri.. what is up... are you Ok?

JR

...except for the tiny little bubble that I occupy.

I'm glad that I am some small part of that bubble. I had a great time just chatting with you for a couple hours last time I was over in Jackson.

Likewise, if you need to talk, you have my number. Use it. I'd be happy to hear from you. Though judging by what is in your post, we are both on the same path.

Stay well, my friend... and stay in touch.

Geri,

It hurts me to think that, as a consequence of David and I allowing essentially unlimited political discussion in these forums, you have developed such a poor opinion of other regular posters that you are going to leave permenently. I have nothing but respect for you, Geri, and you have been a piece of my online forum presence for as long as I can remember. I hope you are OK, and I hope you change your mind. What is the point of having a "better" online pro audio community if the good people leave?

I still think that if we need to choose between heavy moderation and light I pick the latter, but if this is the compromise I am depressed.