Having to log back in to preview post, and post is gone.

Chris Nixon

Junior
Jul 23, 2012
Northern Ireland
This has happened a couple of times for me now, both when trying to make new threads. I've taken so long to compose the post that the forum has logged me out, so it prompts me to log in when I press "preview post". I enter my log-in details and am taken to a blank message box with the message "the message you have entered is too short".

Well it would be too short, it's gone...

I'm using Chrome.

Quite possibly my fault.

Chris

Re: Having to log back in to preview post, and post is gone.

We've been fixing bugs from the changeover the past few days so services on the server have been occasionally restarting. Last one was probably about 15 hours ago.

Hit the Remember Me checkbox when logging in.

You might also be able to hit the back button a couple times to get to where you were typing out your post/thread. Firefox will often cache the text I enter and I would wager Chrome might do the same. It doesn't do it every time, but it's saved me from having to retype a couple dissertations in the past.

Thank you.

"Remember me" would fix it, I haven't been using that. 15 hours sounds about right. :razz:

The back button has worked in the past but didn't last time.

Chris

This has happened a couple of times for me now, both when trying to make new threads. I've taken so long to compose the post that the forum has logged me out, so it prompts me to log in when I press "preview post". I enter my log-in details and am taken to a blank message box with the message "the message you have entered is too short".

Well it would be too short, it's gone...

I'm using Chrome.

Quite possibly my fault.

Chris

Anything long and critical I copy to the clipboard before I advance to the next screen, or I use another text editor and paste it into the forum.