Help me understand Avid's consoles and software

Re: Help me understand Avid's consoles and software

The Massey plug ins require you to go into the Windows OS to install, so not many companies are doing it and it's not something you want to do on site day of show. That said they are very inexpensive and sound fantastic, so if you are carrying an Avid console they are a great investment.

While Echo Farm may not be standard, it seems to be on most of the Profiles I run into.

Re: Help me understand Avid's consoles and software

Echo Farm has been in Venue Pack 3 Pro since 2011 ish, so most providers at this point have it installed on every desk... Most...

I LOVE the Massey plugins, but as Jason mentioned, they're not iLok authorized and are installed via Windows, not officially supported, but fantastic.

The Massey plug ins require you to go into the Windows OS to install, so not many companies are doing it and it's not something you want to do on site day of show. That said they are very inexpensive and sound fantastic, so if you are carrying an Avid console they are a great investment.

While Echo Farm may not be standard, it seems to be on most of the Profiles I run into.