Hey club guys, lets see your offices (FOH)!

Re: Hey club guys, lets see your offices (FOH)!

Mine varies:

Small gigs: StudioLive 16.0.2 mix via iPad
4ee3658e.jpg

a12ded8f.jpg

Bigger gigs: StudioLive 24.4.2 mix via iPad
6b76f4ea.jpg

Inside gigs:
8a270aec.jpg

4a529785.jpg

386ea511.jpg

Outside gigs:
40d0e4b1.jpg

54bddf3f.jpg

9278b5b2.jpg

Last edited:

iPad:
b2338aa7.jpg

fae502e4.jpg

0fc9ce93.jpg

Mobile office: ;)

fc8e59b3.jpg

Why so low? (5'6" interior height)
So I can store it in my garage:
7da2b348.jpg

984cbc97.jpg

C65cR.jpg

Tonights temp office a nice boutique place with a D&B rig and a Venuce. Not bad but the Venice is such a strange bird.

This is an interesting one. The Masquerade in Atlanta, GA in the bottom room "HELL" when I worked there. Insane Clown Posse was upstairs that night with a few hundred 2 litre bottles of rootbeer spraying the crowd. We had a tent over FOH for a very good reason. I got these pictures from the lampie who was all smiles until ICP "made it rain" on us with the soda. We survived and the club lived to rock another day.

Attachments

• Chandler and Eric Masquarade 2.png
    Chandler and Eric Masquarade 2.png
    686.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Chandler and Eric Masquarade 1.png
    Chandler and Eric Masquarade 1.png
    675.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

This is an interesting one. The Masquerade in Atlanta, GA in the bottom room "HELL" when I worked there. Insane Clown Posse was upstairs that night with a few hundred 2 litre bottles of rootbeer spraying the crowd. We had a tent over FOH for a very good reason. I got these pictures from the lampie who was all smiles until ICP "made it rain" on us with the soda. We survived and the club lived to rock another day.

Oh yea I know the room. And the band. Haven't worked with them but did a show in Ziggy's in Winston Salem years ago and they had been through the night before spraying Faygo everywhere. Stage smelled like big wet dog all night. Wasn't awesome. I was glad to hear years back they replaced the old school worn out rig in Hell with something new. Or so I remember. I never mixed in there but younger guys would come through with war stories about the old school stuff and how they couldn't get it under control.

Oh yea I know the room. And the band. Haven't worked with them but did a show in Ziggy's in Winston Salem years ago and they had been through the night before spraying Faygo everywhere. Stage smelled like big wet dog all night. Wasn't awesome. I was glad to hear years back they replaced the old school worn out rig in Hell with something new. Or so I remember. I never mixed in there but younger guys would come through with war stories about the old school stuff and how they couldn't get it under control.

It is still a crazy room with all the solid rock walls but it is the best sounding of the 3 in my opinion. The EAW KF650e/SB1000 system and the Soundcraft GB8 work really well after massive amounts of tuning on the driverack and then tweaking a bit on the Klark DN360 as the crowd size changes. There is a complete bass null right at FOH so you really have to be careful with the low end or you will kill the crowd while just barely being able to hear some sub at the console. I thought the SB1000's were wired out of phase but it is actually the reflection from the walls coming back to the console almost 180 degrees out of phase. I used to mix like I was on Yamaha NS10's in the studio and took an occasional walk into the crowd for a listen and everything turned out just fine as long as the bands were decent.

Last edited:

One night at 49 West in Annapolis...
My Office
Inside w/Veronneau!

My normal gig.
Yes, I am set up on top of the upright piano.

Attachments

• 49West-640x480.JPG
    49West-640x480.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 49West-Veronneau-800x600.jpg
    49West-Veronneau-800x600.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0153.JPG
    DSC_0153.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 0
49 west, I usually just setup on the window ledge inside those doors. I think one time I had enough channels to need to setup on a table inside. We have talked about the patio control but never actually did it.

Jay - It was my first (and only) time there. After we got kicked off the table just inside the door, all I saw was outside - snap decision. Good news is I've mixed the band many times before, and know what they want and like very well. With the Presonus and the IPad control, I could sneak in the back door and do the majority of mixing there. Best thing was the whole thing was only 10 steps from the car. Also, good spring weather made it a very comfortable place to mix, rather than the overheated indoors. Sky was clear (thank goodness!)

I'll have to look for that ledge...8O~8-O~:shock:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346564382.869271.jpg

This is the FOH position at the U Street Music Hall here in dc. To the right and behind mix position is the amp rack with all the amps & dsp, along with two D-Racks and XLR fan-out whips from the stage boxes creating an i/o patchbay for the system. Everything else you need at FOH is in the SD9.

I did a walk on there tonight and had no trouble at all getting things happening... Everything was logically laid out and well maintained. It should be noted that the system is maintained and run by the 9:30 club crew, who do a really professional job.