I guess you can have "too much sub"

Re: I guess you can have "too much sub"

Now don't be disrespectful of Old People, their bifocals were a little dirty and they thought it was a Regis concert, not a reggae concert, no wonder they stress tested their Depends.

Health and safety law at the venue states that the continuous sound level should not exceed 107 dB, with the peak sound pressure level not exceeding 140 dB.
Those levels are NOT allowed here in sweden...

We have LAFmax=115dBA and LAeq1h=100dBA unless children at the age 13 or below have access then LAFmax=110dBA and LAeq1h=97/90dBA (depending on if the event is for children or not).

UB40 had some hits back in the 80's. So those 50-somethings that some are making fun of were 20-somethings back then, and are probably UB40 fans from back in the day. It would not surprise me if most of the people at that show were in their 50's. And I would guess they won't be buying tickets again next time UB40 comes to town.

UB40 had some hits back in the 80's. So those 50-somethings that some are making fun of were 20-somethings back then, and are probably UB40 fans from back in the day. It would not surprise me if most of the people at that show were in their 50's. And I would guess they won't be buying tickets again next time UB40 comes to town.

The three people who gave quotes for the article were all indeed, in their 50's.
FWIW,
David.

Sure, Jon, but regardless of their age it was too loud. Therefore, they must be too old. :twisted:

Health and safety law at the venue states that the continuous sound level should not exceed 107 dB, with the peak sound pressure level not exceeding 140 dB.
Those levels are NOT allowed here in sweden...

We have LAFmax=115dBA and LAeq1h=100dBA unless children at the age 13 or below have access then LAFmax=110dBA and LAeq1h=97/90dBA (depending on if the event is for children or not).
The "A" scale rolls off below 1000 Hz, it is -30 at 50 Hz.
145 dB SPL at 50 Hz would read 115 dBA.

Yeah, youth... the time when you do all the damage to your body not realizing the pain it will cause later.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

And here I was thinking I was the King of bass. I've done the Corn Exchange before. Cool old venue. I think I had 10 i3's/side in there and 12 BT218's. Ran the rig clear into the limiters and nobody complained that it was too loud. But then again, none of those fans were too old. :)

Evan

I've been to some A-list shows where the bass was overpowering and sounded like it was from another gig entirely. (I.e. pitch and dynamics didn't sound like they had anything in common with the main mix - apart from just being on when the band was playing.) I'm all for having the capability and using it more sparingly. Dynamics!