ice, ice, baby

Re: ice, ice, baby

Hello,

It's 20 deg here in Dallas, and a really crappy looking sky.

Better than being in Michigan's 0 degree temp and expecting 12'' of snow. (god... I hate snow)

Should have a high temp of 62 deg by saturday. (did I mention I hate snow?)

I'm hoping we don't lose electrical power back in Michigan. (yes, I hate snow)

Cheers, and hating snow...even in Dallas.

Hammer

Updated: Downgraded the Weather Forecast for Saturday.
icon_cry.gif

I hate snow!

Detroit didn't get nearly the snowfall they predicted. Maybe 6'' at our hotel in Dearborn and probably around 8'' at The Fisher. Much less than the 12''-18'' some were predicting.

I just got back from Brazil yesterday, only to be greeted with ice everywhere today! Here in Ohio, there's a nice coating of ice on everything. Spent 30 minutes this morning de-icing the girlfriend's car and getting her out of the driveway... It's a mess out there!

Wouldn't it have been better to just fly the girlfriend to Brazil? I'm sure you have enough miles and points by now, no?

I'm sure I could have, but I needed to get home to prep for the next tour that leaves in a week and a half!

Last night, we had some awesome 35-50mph winds in Ohio. So, everything that was frozen broke. The street here looks like a war zone. Tree limbs everywhere... Most of the town doesn't have power. Fun fun!

Evan

Hammer,

You're in Dallas? Are you doing Super Bowl stuff? If so, see if oyu can find the guys Glenn and Will from ESP doing some events there for a co. called ''Relevent.'' They're my boys and we do a lot of work together. I was maybe going to go with 'em but it didn't pan out. Oh well.

Hope you and yours are doing great.

Void

Hey Void!

I've been trying to search for your buds from ESP. I'm guessing that Relevent is not handling a party, but doing some kind of Promotion/Event..? With every Event/Party that's scheduled, it's hard to track individual provider companies... even the ''coordinators'' don't seem to know anything. I'll keep looking.

So many parties going on, I wish I could get to many of them. I'm hoping to get to Leather and Lace tomorrow night, and see my buddy Nicole.
icon_cool.gif

Will you be at the East Coast Lab?

Allie say's ''hey to ya!'' :) She's sending you something.

Talk to you soon.

Hammer

This is what mine looked like when new in 2003.

22hp 3 cylinder diesel.
I looked at the Kubotas - the BX2200 in particular. they're very nice tractors.

Yes, mine is a BX2200. It started right up yesterday (30 minutes on the charger just in case and a shot of starting fluid) after sitting for a year!! We did have to clean out the leaves and nuts from under the hood though
icon_smile.gif

I'm guessing that Relevent is not handling a party, but doing some kind of Promotion/Event..?

Will you be at the East Coast Lab?

Allie say's ''hey to ya!'' :) She's sending you something.

Talk to you soon.

Hammer

Yes, very likely. I'll try and see where they're at.

Yes, I'll be at the East Coast Expo. Are you coming too?

Say ''hey'' to Allie for me! I hope everyone's doing great.

Talk and hopefully see you soon!

Hello,

It's 20 deg here in Dallas, and a really crappy looking sky.

Better than being in Michigan's 0 degree temp and expecting 12'' of snow. (god... I hate snow)

Should have a high temp of 62 deg by saturday. (did I mention I hate snow?)

I'm hoping we don't lose electrical power back in Michigan. (yes, I hate snow)

Cheers, and hating snow...even in Dallas.

Hammer

Updated: Downgraded the Weather Forecast for Saturday.
icon_cry.gif

I hate snow!

Detroit didn't get nearly the snowfall they predicted. Maybe 6'' at our hotel in Dearborn and probably around 8'' at The Fisher. Much less than the 12''-18'' some were predicting.

Hello Jake,

Ahh...working at the Fisher... Pretty nice place for a show, but, probably the ugliest theatre I've ever seen.
icon_lol.gif

Sometime in the early 1960's ...someone got the bright Idea of changing the theatre's looks and function.
icon_cry.gif

If you get a chance, climb between the downstage wall(?) at the proscenium ...you'll get a look at what's left of the Mayan/Aztec facade that was.

Ask one of the House guys...they'll show ya.

If old theatre architecture interests you...Detroit's got some really beautiful, old theatres that have been restored or maintained...

On Woodward Ave.... The Fox Theatre...big and magnificent, the theatre and the lobby.

Near the Fox... The Detroit Opera House, it has the second largest stage in the Country.

The Music Hall.. well maintained, smaller, original theatre.

Across the street... The oldest, existing theatre in Detroit, the Gem theatre. (second heaviest building ever moved)

The Historic Masonic Temple, Two completed theaters out of four proposed for the building. The other two were never completed.(Sammy the Fisher's House Electrician knows the secrets and secret passages of that building)

The Orchestra Hall, world famous model for building acoustics.

Then, there's a lot of smaller theatres (Hillberry, Art Museum's, a few more in the University area... and a lot that have been closed for many years.

I'm glad Detroit didn't get the worst of the blizzard. I live south of Detroit on Grosse Ile. I hear we only got about 4'' of snow there, but, extra ice.

Staying in Dearborn... If you like Middle Eastern food, you're golden. In western Dearborn (Michigan Ave.) there's plenty of variety of restaurants....Thai, Vietnamese, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, even a couple of German Restaurants.

Good luck and have fun.

Cheers,

Hammer

Just to put this in perspective, my sister lives just down the mountain from the Targhee ski resort where they have just past 300 inches of snow for the year.

Maybe some of you guys can tell me what the hell this is growing on my trees. Yikes!!
icon_lol.gif

This isn't supposed to happen down here. I guess I need to move farther south.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hello Jake,

Ahh...working at the Fisher... Pretty nice place for a show, but, probably the ugliest theatre I've ever seen.
icon_lol.gif

Sometime in the early 1960's ...someone got the bright Idea of changing the theatre's looks and function.
icon_cry.gif

If you get a chance, climb between the downstage wall(?) at the proscenium ...you'll get a look at what's left of the Mayan/Aztec facade that was.

Ask one of the House guys...they'll show ya.

I had done a little reading about the space so I made sure to ask about the original facade. The main lobby of the Fisher building is gorgeous. The theater, in it's own tragically ugly way, is kind of cool but it's a shame that it covered up the original design. As it is now it looks like a set for ''Mad Men'' or some other mid-century show. We barely fit in here but the room sounds surprisingly good as long as you keep sound off the walls.

Quote: said:
Staying in Dearborn... If you like Middle Eastern food, you're golden. In western Dearborn (Michigan Ave.) there's plenty of variety of restaurants....Thai, Vietnamese, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, even a couple of German Restaurants.

Good luck and have fun.

Cheers,

Hammer

We're staying in an extended stay type of place with full kitchens in each room so we're all taking advantage of being able to cook. I could really go for some Thai though so thanks for the heads up.

Im snowed in in Missouri, Just got out for the first time Yesterday. Weve got 4,5, even 6ft snow snow drifts. I cleared the local road and my grandpas driveway with his International tractor. That thing is a beast, dont make em like that anymore, Highways are finally starting to move but ive given it an extra day to clean up traffic, semis cars and tow trucks are all over the ditches. Tomorrow looking to make the 11 hour drive home!