Lab.gruppen's 'game changing' product revealed

Re: Lab.gruppen's 'game changing' product revealed

Those aren't powerful at all...

"Two power configurations are available – IPD 1200 and IPD 2400 – with power outputs (at four ohms) of 2 x 600 W and 2 x 1200 W respectively."

I'm thinking this would be good for bi-amp monitors, but I'm with Matt - I expected a little more umpf from the marketing that's been going on. It's really up to the price point now to see if it's worth it. If it's a "buck a watt" - I'm out... if it's 50 cents a watt.... with the processing and being single space........maybe

I'm thinking this would be good for bi-amp monitors, but I'm with Matt - I expected a little more umpf from the marketing that's been going on. It's really up to the price point now to see if it's worth it. If it's a "buck a watt" - I'm out... if it's 50 cents a watt.... with the processing and being single space........maybe

Or, if it retails for $0.25 a watt, then it really will be "game changing"... I'm so tired of that slogan already.

I dont know for small guys like me who run 600w per top sides and 1200w subs for small bands and club gigs might be worthwhile If I can pick these up for 600 and 1200 respectively I'd do it in a heart beat. Save my back and storage space. I don't know what market they are attempting to hit but if they can bring it less than 600 for either you can count me on the purchase list.

Re: Game Changing

I'm guess that "Taking things to a whole new level" is now passe?

Or do we have game changers that take things to a whole new level?

Or do we have game changers that take things to a whole new level?
Yes. This is the problem... these phrases keep adding together and eventually we we have a whole paragraph to describe that something is simply the hot new thing... or at least that is what the marketing department wants you to think.

Ok, they're cute, but where are the 'game changing' models????

Evan

I kinda agree but am excited by these none the less.

Processing, one rack space, and AES. Not everything needs PLM power, these will be perfect for our monitor racks. QSC PL4.0 put out 1200 at 4 ohms and that's what we use now. This package would do in six spaces what we are currently doing in 18 spaces. And weigh under 100lbs.

Of course IEMs do too :)

Jason

PS I've gotten tired of waiting for QSC to release a high channel density amp with processing anyway...

Yes. This is the problem... these phrases keep adding together and eventually we we have a whole paragraph to describe that something is simply the hot new thing... or at least that is what the marketing department wants you to think.

I am concerned that I life in a country where our greatest accomplishment seems to be sliced bread.

I am concerned that I life in a country where our greatest accomplishment seems to be sliced bread.

Inventor of the Week: Archive

P'nut butter'n jelly!!!!! YUM.

And from Wikipedia:

1943 U.S. ban on sliced bread

During 1943, U.S. officials imposed a short-lived ban on sliced bread as a wartime conservation measure.[7][8] The ban was ordered by Claude R. Wickard who held the position of Food Administrator, and took effect on January 18, 1943. According to the New York Times, officials explained that "the ready-sliced loaf must have a heavier wrapping than an unsliced one if it is not to dry out." It was also intended to counteract a rise in the price of bread, caused by the Office of Price Administration's authorization of a ten percent increase in flour prices.[9]

In a Sunday radio address on January 24, Mayor LaGuardia suggested that bakeries that had their own bread-slicing machines should be allowed to continue to use them, and on January 26, 1943, a letter appeared in the New York Times from a distraught housewife:

I should like to let you know how important sliced bread is to the morale and saneness of a household. My husband and four children are all in a rush during and after breakfast. Without ready-sliced bread I must do the slicing for toast—two pieces for each one—that's ten. For their lunches I must cut by hand at least twenty slices, for two sandwiches apiece. Afterward I make my own toast. Twenty-two slices of bread to be cut in a hurry![10]

On January 26, however, John F. Conaboy, the New York Area Supervisor of the Food Distribution Administration, warned bakeries, delicatessens, and other stores that were continuing to slice bread to stop, saying that "to protect the cooperating bakeries against the unfair competition of those who continue to slice their own bread... we are prepared to take stern measures if necessary."[11]

On March 8, 1943, the ban was rescinded. Wickard stated that "Our experience with the order, however, leads us to believe that the savings are not as much as we expected, and the War Production Board tells us that sufficient wax paper to wrap sliced bread for four months is in the hands of paper processor and the baking industry.[9]

Ain't history fun????

Last edited:

The brochure suggests a lot of features in common with the PLM's: amp grouping, AES/analog fall-over, input mixer/router etc... I hope at some point they integrate with the Lake Controller..

The Peak Voltage on the online specs should be swapped, for the two amp models. (2400 should be 70V and 1200 should be 50 V). Also, despite the labeling, calculations suggest there's some ambiguity over which spec'd numbers (voltage,current,power) are peak and which are RMS.

Last edited: