Live streaming w/ bass guitar.

Robert Warmbier

Sep 25, 2019
Harlingen, Texas
With the of use apps like Switcher Studio and vMix, and plugging any bass guitar thru an amp (i.e. Ampeq BA115), I having a hard time hearing the bass guitar thru live streaming. On the house - it's OK. I'm using a Behringer X32 - w/ a S32 connected to the bass amp. I've played around w/ dynamics, eqs, gating, and I have adjusted gain as well. And still I can hardly hear any presence w/ bass guitar online. I'm ok w/ electric and acoustic guitars.
But when I use DB - direct box only, not an amp, I can hear the bass guitar thru live streaming w/ no issues. Why the difference?
Reply back when you get a chance. Thanks
Bob Warmbier

My guess is that the live stream feed is just the same mix that is sent to the PA system. When you use a bass amp on stage
the volume of the amp is loud enough maybe too loud in the room so the person mixing is not putting much if any bass into
the main mix.

When you go direct to the system without using an amp then they bring up the bass in the mix.

They could create a separate mix just for live stream where louder inputs that are not in the main mix could be brought up in
the mix for the live stream, there are a few ways to create a second mix in an X32 or just about any other mixer for that matter. That would kind of depend on the sound team and how deep they get into the set up of the X32.

Or you could just use the DI and go direct.

Reactions: Tim McCulloch
I can say that personally, I am just learning to play the guitar, and it is pretty tricky. I think I'll try to download the application you mentioned, and maybe something will turn out. But this is an option because I am currently being studied at the best online guitar lessons course. It seems like I am succeeding, but these lessons are not conducted all day but for a particular time, which pleases me. But sometimes I want to play the guitar after 10 pm sitting in front of a computer monitor. Since I live by myself and do not bother anyone. I think I will soon learn and play guitar around the campfire with friends.

Last edited:
Finally found the perfect forum. I want to start learning guitar play. After some discussions with a friend of mine who is a good guitar player, I decided to take some online courses. But listening to live guitar plays can also benefit me. So I have already purchased a few personalized guitar picks, and all I need right now is a good platform where I can learn and listen to real guitarists play. So I was wondering if someone could help me deliver this information. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Last edited: