M1d array correction

Re: M1d array correction

Hi everybody
excuse me for my bad english writing, i'm french
I know the LD1 which's a analog fell/knob meyer dsp but digital correction...:
enter the type of boxes(milo,md) AND the number of boxes AND distance AND atmospheric data, give you when you make 1 electric FFT(measure the dsp) BOTH hf boost and bs attenuation.
I agree with the fact that you have to use less "correction" as they tell you (specially about the bass build) , used it with 2 X 12 MILO and a lot of 700...
i don't really remenber, i've the data somwhere but i'm pretty shure but bs shelving, attenuation way, ended at 1K when you enter a lot of milo boxes...

use less "build up bass" attenuation AND
" Rolls your own array correction based on the actual measured frequency response of the array in the room?"...
excuse me for my first response i was thinking about the ld1 line driver...
anyway same philosophy, i used to used first galileo with 6in/16out

phil

If I were to have 9 M1D per side in a flown array, I would start with all 9 in one array correction zone set to 9. I would try to separate the box zones based on where they were hitting - maybe front orchestra, rear orchestra (under the balcony), balcony. I would then put in the distances, temperature, and humidity. Then listen and walk. After that, 1-2 db of gain shading per zone if needed. I try not to eq zones individually, but sometimes it is what is needed to make up for room acoustics.

Every installed Meyer system I have come across has been tuned a different way. Some have several array correction zones based on the box zones. Some have distances in, some do not. Some have zones eq'd separately, others do not. The Galileo gives you a whole lot of ways to make a PA sound great...or screw it up royally.

The upshot of all this is that full-range flat line array boxes such as Meyer builds really do sum up with a whole lot of low end. The other part of it is that most people are used to live sound systems that have some bass bulge due to summing between speaker cabinets.

The nice-sounding system that works for mixing music is generally somewhere in between. Don't forget to listen. ;)

Peter,
How did you modify it? (the green trace)

The plot is a 3 way speaker processed with a Lake Contour using FIR crossover functions and some all-pass filters to correct the phase.

If you are using FIR filters you can modify phase independently of the other functions, the problem is doing it with the standard Lake interface.

In this case the (green trace) phase was “fixed” by playing around with the delay between drivers and adding or modifying the all pass filters.

Last edited: