Mixer Light for DM1k

Matthew Haber

Sophomore
Jan 14, 2011
Boston, MA
www.matthewhaber.com
I am looking to get a light to use with my DM1000. The DM1k doesn't have any built in connectors for Littlelites so here are the requirements I have:

-AC powered
-Covers the whole control surface with light without also illuminating nearby audience members
-Not crazy expensive
-Relatively durable
-Either freestanding or easily attachable to the meter bridge

I looked at the Littelite LED offerings since I use those with some of my other gear but I think I would need two to provide adequate coverage and that would end up cost upwards of $200 for a pair of freestanding lights, which is a little more than I was hoping to spend. I also came across the Mighty Bright Orchestra Light. It seems to meet all my criteria except that it might not be particularly durable but it is only $35 on Amazon so I could afford to break a few. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Mighty Bright unit or suggestions for other possibilities? Someone posted on the old PSW a few months back about a DIY light they had made for their LS9-16 and it looked that exactly what I need except that it isn't for sale.

Re: Mixer Light for DM1k

Not the same console, but should work just as well. This was my solution:

NimLightRod004.jpg

See more here in the 'old' place... http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/mv/msg/59576/0/0/0/

:)~:)~:smile:

Re: Mixer Light for DM1k

Nimrod, your's was the DIY LS9-16 light to which I referred at the end of my original post. I take it you still aren't planning to market them?

Tim, I saw that other light from Mighty Bright too. I wonder how the Duet2 compares to the Orchestra light.