Moron diatribe

Re: Moron diatribe

I was going respond again to this guy, but it's just a waste of time. He sound like someone off of his meds, so I should probably feel sorry for him. For you reading entertainment, I present "Remy RAD".

Active or Passive Line Array Speaker Boxes? - ProAudioSpace
Yeah-sounds like the typical guy who loves to "spout off" and hope some people listen. YEAH-those that are more stupid. And THEY are out running sound systems.

It is no wonder the bar is so low in our industry.

Don't fool me with the facts or reality-I want to believe what I want to believe.

I LOVE his amp to speaker analogy hookup analogy. What he is talking about is a PAIR of speakers in series NOT a single.

Let him try to hook the batteries up that way to an LED flashlight and see what happens.

But of course speakers hooked up out of polarity would still work just fine-and I would love to hear somebody be able to pick out the difference of speakers hooked up out of polarity (ALL of them in a system-not just one)

Maybe he needs to go in the Hi Fi sales.

Last edited:

Phase - The final frontier. To boldly hear what no one has heard before.

Take two polarities each hour. Make sure that you take plus first and then minus. If you don't hear any better after 24hrs swap the polarity and try again...

I'm going to pray for that man this evening. And I barely ever pray.
Him or the people he works with? I feel sorry for them and the crap he is feeding them------------------------

The truly sad thing is that some people will listen to him and believe it and then pass it on-and the cycle continues :(

Him or the people he works with? I feel sorry for them and the crap he is feeding them------------------------

The truly sad thing is that some people will listen to him and believe it and then pass it on-and the cycle continues :(

Oh dear, my prayer time just quadrupled.

This actually did me some good, since I went and watched the video posted to refute his… ramblings.

in one of his "rebuttals" he repeatably talks about changing the "phase" of the input.

Exactly how do you do that? Unless he is talking about a slight delay. But why would you do that?

He claims to be far superior to the experts, yet does not care about measurements and only trusts his ears.

JR, I would never expect you to. It would just anger you. ;)

No I am mainly angered by the fools with that same retrograde DNA working in government.

Audio-phools are generally harmless, mainly harming their own bank accounts first, before encouraging others to follow them out onto the thin ice. While they may try to tell us what to do, they do not have the full force of government behind them to make us obey, like their brethren in DC. :-(

JR

Sorry-I thought you meant a video by "the moron".

I saw that video years ago. It is amazing how many people still "believe" the crazy stuff-even when it has been proven to not be an issue. But yet won't do a double blind test-because they believe the test is flawed.

I agree that many of the things people hear in rooms is the different comb filtering-even by moving their head just slightly.

Heck just put some noise into any loudspeaker in any room in any position-then wave your hand a foot or so from your ear and see how the sound changes.

Reflections ARE a huge deal-especially in "subtle" things we "think" we hear.

Sorry-I thought you meant a video by "the moron".

I saw that video years ago. It is amazing how many people still "believe" the crazy stuff-even when it has been proven to not be an issue. But yet won't do a double blind test-because they believe the test is flawed.

I agree that many of the things people hear in rooms is the different comb filtering-even by moving their head just slightly.

Heck just put some noise into any loudspeaker in any room in any position-then wave your hand a foot or so from your ear and see how the sound changes.

Reflections ARE a huge deal-especially in "subtle" things we "think" we hear.

...and yet they want to continue renovating my county's school auditoriums with nothing but sheetrock everywhere without consideration to acoustics. But that's another conversation; I digress.

I still decline to go read the original link, but I know Ethan the guy who made that video and he is pretty solid. (note: I didn't watch Ethan's video either, but I did read his book, when I helped him fact check it.).

JR

I'm going to pray for that man this evening. And I barely ever pray.

for the record, Remy is a transgender sound engineer from the D.C. Area. Remy has been a local legend in these parts for decades, but not for the reasons she thinks. All the actual Audio Professionals who know her think she's nuts, largely because she is. I have had the privilege numerous times to talk with Remy back in the day and it was always entertaining. Looks like the entertainment continues...