Moron diatribe

Re: Moron diatribe

for the record, Remy is a transgender sound engineer from the D.C. Area. Remy has been a local legend in these parts for decades, but not for the reasons she thinks. All the actual Audio Professionals who know her think she's nuts, largely because she is. I have had the privilege numerous times to talk with Remy back in the day and it was always entertaining. Looks like the entertainment continues...

Thanks, I'll likely need to know that.

for the record, Remy is a transgender sound engineer from the D.C. Area. Remy has been a local legend in these parts for decades, but not for the reasons she thinks. All the actual Audio Professionals who know her think she's nuts, largely because she is. I have had the privilege numerous times to talk with Remy back in the day and it was always entertaining. Looks like the entertainment continues...
I am glad I moved out of the DC area before having to work with a person who has is so full of themselves and who will still deny fact when presented with it and refuses to listen to others point out where you are wrong.

If I am wrong about something I want to know and say thank you for pointing it out. It helps to keep me from going around spouting off crap.

But some people will continue to argue-because the refuse to "be wrong".

The whole thread about muting a condenser mic is total evidence of that.

And when people like this are so strong in what they believe-it convinces others who are not so strong in their knowledge-that they MUST be right.

Truly sad.

It is one thing to be strong in opinions about politics etc-but scientific fact is a different story. Obviously she has never actually DONE or had any experience in the topic of condenser mics shut off and has no clue about how a condenser mic actually gets its power-but that doesn't stop her. :(

If I am wrong about something I want to know and say thank you for pointing it out. It helps to keep me from going around spouting off crap.

+100 :)~:)~:smile:

But some people will continue to argue-because the refuse to "be wrong".

It's quite funny how some people don't seem to understand the difference between "winning an argument" and "actually being correct".

Chris

+100 :)~:)~:smile:

It's quite funny how some people don't seem to understand the difference between "winning an argument" and "actually being correct".

Chris
They seem to understand the difference between winning an argument and losing the argument. In many venues where arguments are the mechanism for settling disputes, like court rooms, board rooms, elections, etc... winning is generally enough for most.

I've lost my share of "arguments" and even had people tell me years later that I was right, which does me absolutely no good, since I knew I was right at the time I lost the dispute. I just couldn't make them understand, or wouldn't. The last day job i quit was over arguing with the guy whose name was on all the buildings. I grew weary of the verbal wrestling.

Given a choice between winning every argument or being right I choose being right. Now I win every argument with myself.

JR

I had forgotten about Remy.

Nothing quite like a case a verbal diarrhea.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

EDIT: That's very interesting, I've posted a link to another forum and the link "title" has been changed to "SFN Front Page", it still points to the right address though.

Hey Chris, I see the same thing. Pretty weird, I didn't know our news page had such an ego. Perhaps something is happening because they are also running Tapatalk. Hopefully it will be fixed in our planned backend improvements this winter.